Thundercat gets new boots! Pics!!

Home Forums Members’ bikes Thundercat gets new boots! Pics!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I have finally got around to replacing the tyres on my trusty T cat. The Bridgestones were completely shagged, and the original chain and sprockets were also past their best after only 11 years ~ disgraceful!!

I have decided to go for a pair a Maxxis Supersports, Pete247 and Ses310 seem t rate them so it will be interesting to see how they suit the Thundercat and my riding style.

Dynamec on the outskirts of Worcester offered a good price and a ride in ride-out service so Saturday morning I popped up and treated the Thundercat.

DSC00328.jpg
    The cat looking a little naked without it’s wheels!

DSC00327.jpg
    My old front drive sprocket after 11 years and 26000km didn’t look too bad

Unlike this shocking example the Dynamec team had removed from a Honda Hornet a few weeks before:

DSC00326.jpg
    Hornet sprocket, so bad they kept it for posterity. How did that bike even move??

DSC00334.jpg
    The Dynamec boys hard at work…

DSC00337.jpg
    All done…

P6273259.jpg
    P6273257.jpg
    Quite sporty, be interesting to see how they cope the odd time I ride in the wet…

P6273258.jpg
    New DID Chain&Sprockets…

The lads at Dynamec were friendly and the service was execellent.
    The tryres cost £172 including fitting and the C&S was £99 fitted

Now lets see if the tyres are any good!

https://dynamec.co.uk/

ses310

Good choice, been really pleased with mine so far

TT07
    Participant

Those prices do see very very reasonable.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good stuff, it’s great to see the bike floating on the paddock stands, makes it feel like a pit stop.

Radar

Well despite boiling hot temperatures I got to ride the T cat in the wet on the new tyres today. There was a huge thunderstorm…The tyres coped really well and the bike very secure and planted. Pleasantly surprised. Not pushing it at all yet, still less than 50 miles on them

GSF K1
    Participant

Will be interested to hear once you start pushing them! If they really are good, I can see alot of people going that way. I just replaced both mine on the Ninja (BT014’s), for £205

Radar

Will do Dell, they seem fine so far, but have only been commuting since fitting them

nick-dynamec
    Participant

Hi, Nick here from Dynamec, glad you are happy with them, they are very popular at the moment, and people are always happy to get a second set fitted [:)]

ses310

Hey Nick welcome to TBF… drop a post into Members bikes and introduce yourself….

Ps I had a set fitted to my CBR when you were still at the old place and have been chuffed to bits with them

nick-dynamec
    Participant

Ok, will do.
    Glad you like them [;)]

Radar

Welcome to the forum Nick

This link will help you to get a flavour of the site…

https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

Was it a track day ZXR400 I saw outside your workshop?

nick-dynamec
    Participant

Hi, yes thats our track bike. Martin rode it last monday when we did a day at donington, and for a little ‘un its got some poke [:D]

Radar

Any chance of a few pics and details about the ZXR?? (in a new thread if poss please)

TT07
    Participant

quote:

The lads at Dynamec were friendly and the service was execellent.
    The tryres cost £172 including fitting and the C&S was £99 fitted

Now lets see if the tyres are any good!

https://dynamec.co.uk/

I visited the industrial complex 2 weeks ago and Dynamec could not be found! At that time the landline contact number was ringing out, upon trying again last week the number was disconnected, so I take it that there is no fitting service anymore. The website still exists, but as the mobile contact number never gets answered I thought best look elsewhere. Today realised that nick-dynamec is a member on TBF, wondered if Nick could throw any light on the ability to supply?

ses310

They have moved mate, can’t remember the address but its closer to Worcester on a small Industrial estate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.