The biker Nodd

Home Forums Jap stuff The biker Nodd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mattzappa
    Participant

Ok I have only been riding me YBR 125 for three months and do enjoy the social aspect of the biking community but I have to admit only about 50% of bikers give me ‘ the nodd’ as I pass. It seems to be the young looking\ multicloured leather bunch who glance at me with disdain.
    My time will come.

Radar

I saw two other bikers whilst out on the YBR. Both nodded at me! Including a lady on a Triumph…it must be you Zappa![:D]

68mph on the A1, good man![:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I try to nod to all bikes which is probably why I have such a stiff neck when I come back from a ride. I don’t always get nods back from the sports bike riders when out on my KTM supermoto. There’s a bit of snobbery that goes on between chops, trikes, sports, learner, scooters and off road but the way I see it we’re all fighting the common cause – freedom to choose biking as a hobby that isn’t bogged down with any bureaucracy, daft rules or red tape.

petethepan
    Participant

you wont get a nod from the plastic missile brigade because they cant
    the riding position they are in wont allow them to coz they are trying to hold on for dear life lol
    truth is just ignorant
    regards
    petethepan[:D]

Radar

I don’t notice any real pattern to who nods or who doesn’t. Some people are friendly f@ckers and some arn’t wether or not they ride a bike. I would say the majority of other bikers do nod back

HippoDrones
    Participant

I nod at all who I deem kitted up properly…. And yes I do ride a pocket rocket with 1pc leathers, it is hard at times when negotiating a corner or overtaking to nod but I do when I can. To me its important to wear the right kit and that is the only reason I wont nod at someone… Harleys, KTMs, Sportsbikes, Commuters and scooters all get the same rule applied… no leathers; no nod, no gloves; no nod, sandles, shorts, t-shirt; no nod… I get more annoyed when the rider is fully kitted but his kid is on the back in an oversized lid and wearing tracky bottoms etc… but I am now ranting and not about the topic in-hand (soz)

If I see any biker kitted out I will hapily nod if its safe for me to do so… I am not snobby at all about the iron horse of that individuals choice, just their kit!

TT07
    Participant

Seems to me that most will return a nod, but a bit of gut instinct does come into play, if I dont nod then say 95% dont But someone has to nod 1st so maybe most are only returning mine! If small capacity bikes or scooters have a properly kitted out rider I will give them one to say “Welcome to the club, size don’t matter”. Don’t know if I’m on my own here but I give Police motorcyclists a nod, say half to two thirds DO nod back

Radar

I do nod at Police bikers as the majority also ride bikes when off duty. Most seem to nod back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.