Tablet PCs

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Tablet PCs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

The other half has got bit by the IPad2 bug and decided she wants one.

Now, I am not prepared to spend £600+ on an Ipad because its overpriced marketing, but looking at the alternatives confused me.

Although my internet searching skills have been well crafted for many years, I can’t find the answer to a simple question.

Android or Windows Phone 7 operating systems?

Windows would seem the better choice, as we both use office and I would like something thats easily compatible (ie windows office mobile) and of course not forgetting good browsing quailty to read all my favourite posts on TBF! :P

However I read rumours that windows doesn’t have such things as copy&paste.

Any ideas???

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Champs

Have used both Android and W7P and it’s really down to preference on the tablet, not so much the OS as they both do most tasks well in my opinion.

I think the roll-out for the long-awaited W7 phone OS “copy and paste” update is due this week. That’s if you have a sim-free & unbranded WP7 phone or tablet though, others should come later.

Ipads do have a great screen and robust feel about them, despite the price. I personally prefer laptops and netbooks to tablets though, but I do have to run more installed programs than most. Best to arm yourself with the latest magazines for reviews and info I reckon.

ianwhitesgoldwings
    Participant

Hi champs, im well into my techy stuff and personaly ipads are rip off considering what is out their atm for half the price. i could rant on forever on pros and cons but dont want to take up all the space on this forum lol. there are 3 well worth tablets to get wich offer value for money and performance that ticks the box’s you require (HTC tablet, Motorola xoom and Blackberry playbook) all 3 more superior and better priced than the ipad 1 & 2. i am personaly going to get Blackberry playbook for many reasons. what i say you should do is look up specs on all 3 and compare to ipad and go for the one that best suits your needs. hope this has helped ;)

Champs
    Participant

will have a look, thanks both, will update you if I get any further

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.