South West

Home Forums Great biking roads South West

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Was stuck on base this last weekend as we had our Christmas Ball (with free bar!) anyway to brighten up my life I went off on an adventure last Friday havin a lil explore of some of the places this neck of the woods. Unfortunately I didn’t get any phots except for one of my bike and a very filthy numberplate that I should have cleaned as I got tugged by a friendly copper and given a £30 fine for, but thats not me story…..

I thought that the roads up in Scotland were fantastic but these roads down in Cornwall/Devon/Summerset are out of this world!

I rode from Plymouth up the A386 to Bideford, then hit the A39 to Barnstaple and headed into Exmoor National Park, pointing towards Minehead. My average speed was around 40mph through this bit but I certainly wasn’t going slow! The road was wet and slippy with leaves etc in places but generally pretty good but the bends were awesome, and there were so damn many it was fantastic! :D After Minehead I headed for Taunton and popped onto the M5 then M4 over the Severn Bridge to say hello to Wales (and a friendly copper :( lol) Rode around 210 miles and my average for the whole lot including the motorway was 49mph! When I’d had enough of the sheep and friendly men in blue I aboout turned and headed back a very boring route home straight down the motorways to Plymouth (My average speed here was a lil higher to say the least!) so 210 miles out via the twisties and spectacular views and 130 miles back. Put me in a right hyper mood it did:D
    Try it you might like it:)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.