Sony DSC-W5 digital camera

Home Forums Product reviews Sony DSC-W5 digital camera

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

Here goes with the advertising blurb:

A classic design meets modern technology in the Cyber-shot DSC-W5.
    digital camera from Sony. It combines a traditional rangefinder camera layout with high-end features such as a huge 2.5” LCD screen1, 5.1 Megapixel image capture, and high speed performance thanks to the Real Imaging Processor™ chip.The W5’s Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® lens provides crisp, clear visuals and a 3X optical zoom without compromising the camera’s amazingly compact design. Image quality is further enhanced with such features 5 area multi-point auto focus, auto focus illuminator and multi-pattern measuring.The DSC-W5. includes 32 Megabytes of built-in flash memory, so you’ll have room for additional photographs if you are ever without a Memory Stick . With a classic build, easy control, and numerous advanced features, the Cyber-shot DSC-W5.

I bought this camera 2 weeks ago from Amazon’s UK site for about £215, cheaper than everywhere else when you factor in the free delivery. It arrived just before I went on hols so I had a great chance to test it out. It’s really user friendly and has a great LCD screen which you can see in the daylight quite well. I bought a 512Mb Sony memory stick (£50 ish) to go in it, which gives me about 200 photos on the maximum 5 Megapixel resolution. Batteries are rechargeable NiMh (AA size) and lasted for 10 days of use without a charge. Drawbacks are that it’s not the lightest and most compact of the cameras available but the image quality is excellent and even on auto setting takes pictures in and outdoors which most 35mm cameras would be proud of. You can take short videos which are of a decent quality and have good sound. It’s quite a solid piece of kit, the camera body would probably take a few knocks and scrapes although the screen is huge at 2.5″ and may be its weakness if dropped, time will tell.

I bought the camera after reading the reviews in all the magazines and websites, no review was negative and most really sang the praises of the image quality. All in all a good buy and I reckon it well deserves a 10 out of 10!

To see it on Amazon’s UK site, click here:

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Superceded by the W50 (and cheaper too now)

here

Gix
    Participant

Whats it like with action shots ID? Wanna test some out?[:D]

Radar

I used IDs camera to take shots of him and thumper at Wheelie school. Good camera, I quite like the idea of one, my digi camera no good for action shots

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/jimmy-fireblades-wheelie-school/&SearchTerms=Wheelie,school

Apparently I wasn’t using the zoom properly either. Impressive camera

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.