Shelsley Walsh Lotus Festival 18/19th August 2012…pics

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Shelsley Walsh Lotus Festival 18/19th August 2012…pics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Radar

This superb festival dedicated to Lotus is somewhat overshadowed by the bigger shindig at Brands the same weekend. Nevertheless this superb, historic venue that nestles in stunning and classic English countryside in Worcestershire attracted an interesting field of historic Lotus racing cars. Among the notable cars was the first Lotus to take points in Grand Prix, although my favourite was a V12 two stoke powered example. The engine was a composite of Ariel engines and sounded just incredible

Three Excels were in attendance, mine and another in the Lotus dedicated area of the car park while on the Club Lotus stand there was a beautifully presented blue example. This Excel was also run up the hill as part of the cavalcade to celebrate the Lotus brand and 50 years of the Elan in particular

DSCF6519.jpg
    DSCF6522.jpg
    DSCF6523.jpg
    DSCF6526.jpg
    DSCF6529.jpg
    DSCF6533.jpg
    DSCF6534.jpg
    DSCF6549.jpg
    50 years of the Elan was being celebrtaed, so quite a few of the breed were in evidence
    DSCF6567.jpg
    My Excel with a few friends to chat to…
    DSCF6571.jpg
    DSCF6581.jpg
    DSCF6590.jpg
    This stunning example puts mine to shame
    DSCF6644.jpg
    DSCF6645.jpg
    DSCF6652.jpg
    DSCF6653.jpg
    DSCF6656.jpg
    DSCF6686.jpg
    The blue Excel looked and sounded superb as it made its way up the hill as part of a mouthwatering convoy of road going Lotus, good to see our cars so well represented
    DSCF6773.jpg
    DSCF6775.jpg
    DSCF6784.jpg
    DSCN5319.jpg
    This Exige came to a bit of a sticky end, rolling several times in spectacular and no doubt, expensive fashion. The driver was stunned but basically ok thankfully…
    DSCN5328.jpg
    DSCN5355.jpg
    The other Excel in evidence on the day, another tidy example…I must spend some serious cash on mine and bring it cosmetically up to the mark…
    Anyway folks, it was an excellent bash and well worth attending. Only 15 miles or so from where I live, but cracking roads and great fun in my Excel!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Awesome cars, those single seaters are the business. Nice set of pics Tony.

I can’t imagine the Exige repair costs  :-

craftycarmy
    Participant

Good pics there Radar…Quite the photographer ;) ;D

ses310

It was a good day out, might have a pic somewhere of the Exige, will try and dig it out.

Found em

2_zps5d79ef83.jpg

3_zps0ae4577a.jpg

4_zpse97047e8.jpg

5_zps6a0e9f17.jpg

6_zps6117f957.jpg

craftycarmy
    Participant

Wow! awesome pics Ses ;) Oooh I bet that hurt ???

Radar

Wow! awesome pics Ses ;) Oooh I bet that hurt ???

He was OK, but his wallet wasn’t…!

HippoDrones
    Participant

wonderful pics mate :) some really beautiful cars there :)

Radar

wonderful pics mate :) some really beautiful cars there :)

Cheers bud, I am a big Lotus fan so I was in 7th heaven. There was loads of other stuff there, happy to post pics of those too if peeps want

HippoDrones
    Participant

yes mate, stick them up :)

Radar

yes mate, stick them up :)

Probs be tomorrow now, but will sort it out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.