Riding abroad

Home Forums Biking abroad Riding abroad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

Question.

When travelling abroad, European countries, do you need to make any alterations to your bike.

I.e. For a car you need GB sticker and headlamp converters.

Do they apply for bikes??

Cheers.

Radar

You need to apply tape on your headlight as you would on a car. If you number plate is one withthe european symbol in the corner with a GB in the middle you don’t need a GB sticker. I never bothered with one anyway last year when I went to France. Where are you off too?

matt splat
    Participant

As radar says, just the little plastic deflector on your light, thats it.

Champs
    Participant

Not sure Radar, but I am planning some sort of trip to Europe at some point. Just interested really in what needs doing to prepare.

Cheers.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Champs. Try to get headlamp converters (beam benders) as opposed to ones that just block the part that shines in oncoming traffic’s eyes. Important on a bike as this keeps the intensity of the beam nearly as strong.

Some of the cheaper ones fall off easily (especially at one hundred and silly miles an hour) so make sure you clean the headlight lens with a solvent and let it dry well before applying the converter.

Not sure if it’s still the case but I think you need at least a set of replacement bulbs with you. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a law soon for a fold-out warning triangle too, there is for cars.

prezzo
    Participant

hi champs we go every year if your interested

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by prezzo

hi champs we go every year if your interested

I had a brilliant time with Prezzo and the rest of the crew last year, go if can. I am sure you have seen my review and pictures, it even made print in UBG!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.