Pulse Adrenaline 125 -Review and Pictures

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Pulse Adrenaline 125 -Review and Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Radar

So, are they really that bad?

Well I have finally done it: I have now ridden a Chinese manufactured 125. They have been flooding into the country for a few years now. Ebay is crawling with adverts for the myriad of brand names they go under. They come in all shapes and sizes: Sports, commuter, scooter, cruiser and even a few choppers! The example I rode was the ‘Supermoto’ styled Pulse Adrenaline 125. This bike is also available under other names, but they are all the same thing underneath a variety of differing colours and graphics

My somewhat less than sleek frame on the poor old Pulse

You have to say it looks the part

To be honest the Adrenaline is a good looking bike. It successfully apes the ‘KTM’ look, even down to the lurid orange colour scheme and bold graphics. You can get them in black too, but this scheme is definitely the one to go for!

Not a bad KTM impression

The Pulse ticks all the right boxes when it comes to equipment too: USD forks, wavy disc brakes, high level exhaust. The list goes on. So for any young biker the Pulse certainly looks the part and will be the coolest bike on the run to the local chippy!

As you might expect the riding experience can’t quite match the looks. The Adrenaline does struggle to cash the rather big cheque the looks have written! However it is a willing enough little bike and hits 60mph easily enough. Even with a somewhat over weight middle-aged pilot at the controls! With a svelte teenager at the helm I would image 70 mph could well be in reach!

The bike handled and cornered well, as you would expect as the tyre width and profile would not have looked out of place on a 600 a few years ago!

The Elephant in the room

The big issue with Chinese bikes is built quality and you do, to some extent get what you pay for. This bike had only covered 4,200 miles and was already showing signs of corrosion on brackets etc. The front wheel bearing had also needed replacement.

The bike had a tough early life and this certainly contributed to its’ condition, but it is fair to say a Japanese 125 would of stood up better. But a Japanese 125 would also cost at least another £1000 more for one of a comparable specification. So you pays your money and makes your choice I suppose! Given a modicum of care and attention I am sure the bike would give several years good service as a commuter or learner bike.

So overall I was pleasantly surprised by the Pulse, but would advise anybody buying one to keep on top of routine maintenance.

The Stig
    Participant

Hi.
    I have just bought this bike is there anything majorly to keep a eye on or is it pretty sound mechanical wise as this is the first geared bike I have owned?

Radar

Hi.
    I have just bought this bike is there anything majorly to keep a eye on or is it pretty sound mechanical wise as this is the first geared bike I have owned?

They seem to be basically sound, but as was mentioned in the review I would keep an eye out for wheel bearing issues. Avoid using a jet wash to clean the bike, use low pressure hose only. The engines are based on a Suzuki design and like any small bike change the oil frequently, every 1500 miles or so.

Be careful with the bodywork too as it seems prone to cracking.

Above all, enjoy the bike and let us know how you get on with it

The Stig
    Participant

Thanks for that and I will.
    I have never ridden a geared bike before so im going to be a bag of nerves riding for the first time.

Radar

Thanks for that and I will.
    I have never ridden a geared bike before so im going to be a bag of nerves riding for the first time.

Just take things steadily at first, maybe consider having a morning training with the people you did your CBT with. They will charge but it would be money well spent

The Stig
    Participant

thanks ill definitely look into that.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Sound advice above, welcome to the forum Stig. If you ride like you drive on the track you’ll have no problems!  ;)

The Stig
    Participant

haha ill be going about 10 mph till I get use to the bike.

Radar

haha ill be going about 10 mph till I get use to the bike.

I am sure that your confidence and speed will build quickly, keep us updated. Be interested to see how you get on with the Pulse

The Stig
    Participant

just got the bike today but cannot ride it yet until I have done my cbt. just itching to get back on the road now lol

Radar

just got the bike today but cannot ride it yet until I have done my cbt. just itching to get back on the road now lol

Good luck with it, how about posting a picture?

The Stig
    Participant

I will

Radar

Cool

The Stig
    Participant

I see what you mean its a good ride.

Radar

I see what you mean its a good ride.

Glad you are enjoying, what are you using for? Fun, commuting or a bit of both?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.