New member, MV Turismo

Home Forums Members’ bikes New member, MV Turismo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    r6ymy
    Participant

Hi, I found this site via the MV Forum as Radar had posted a review and linked to this site.
    I started biking in 1976 with a Suzuki AP50, then at 17 bought a Ducati 250 Desmo, then at 19 a Ducati 900 MHR.
    Sold that when I was 25 as needed the money to buy a house and get married. It was only supposed to be a short break, but didn’t get another bike until I was 40. That was an RVF400, lovely little bike, but after a year I traded it in for a new R6. Had that for 5 years, did a lot of track days on it and had a lot of fun. Then financial constraints (fourth child and new house) meant that it had to go.
    So after another break of a few years I got a Street Triple R. Brilliant bike, but on decided I wanted something with a bit of weather protection and luggage.
    Test rode a few bikes, but fell in love with the MV Turismo Veloce 800, and picked mine up mid October.
    Despite the weather, I’ve managed 1500 miles, including a couple of days in Wales to see in the new year accompanied by my eldest son on his V-Strom 650XT.

Would like to meet up for rides in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire.

Cheers, Neville

Radar

Welcome to the forum! You put me to shame I hae barely used my MV 1090 since picking it up late October…to scared to get it grubby.

There are some greet meets in the Glos area that Elissemo attends. Check out the 2015 meets in the Meetings section to get a flavour of them. Be good to get to some myself

Radar
    Radar

You might enjoy the Italian section. Another member on here has a Dragster RR 800

elessimo
    Participant

Would like to meet up for rides in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire.

Cheers, Neville

Welcome to the group! Good choice of steed – really enjoyed my test ride on a TV 800…

Gloucestershire (& Herefordshire/Worcestershire) has good mid-week pub meets from March onwards – I’ll keep the group notified. And we do the odd weekend jaunt into the Welsh hills; or up to Ludlow; or down to Tintern Abbey, etc…. Hoggin’ the Bridge, etc….

Doing a bit less over winter as our Forest lanes are a tad slippery with wet leaves, but still getting out most weekends…. 8)

r6ymy
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome. Just found on another post instructions on how to load photos so here’s a few pics of the MV (and Strom) before, during and after the trip to Wales
    23695094643_8ec65975b2_z.jpg
    24213723282_fd6b46475c_c.jpg
    24213735252_c917e03454_c.jpg
    24321952765_9ca8b9b51a_c.jpg
    24213745262_2747c79236_c.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome.

Flickr change their interface fairly often and now make you jump through hoops a little to share the photos. It’s not too difficult though and it’s a great resource.

Make sure the photo is publicly viewable. If it’s public it will appear in your ‘Photostream’.
    Click on the sharing arrow (bottom right).
    Select BB Code.
    Select medium size (this helps your images to load more quickly).
    Copy the code and paste it into your Bikemeet post.

Any problems give us a shout.

ses310

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
    Really nice bike! I really enjoyed the one I test rode at a dealers open day, cracking choice!

katana
    Participant

welcome to the Forum

Radar

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
    Really nice bike! I really enjoyed the one I test rode at a dealers open day, cracking choice!

That MV open day was brilliant…if ultimately expensive for some of us!

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/mv-agusta-open-day-ed-cosker-superbikes-herefordshire-09-08-2015/

r6ymy
    Participant

Hi and welcome.

Flickr change their interface fairly often and now make you jump through hoops a little to share the photos. It’s not too difficult though and it’s a great resource.

Make sure the photo is publicly viewable. If it’s public it will appear in your ‘Photostream’.
    Click on the sharing arrow (bottom right).
    Select BB Code.
    Select medium size (this helps your images to load more quickly).
    Copy the code and paste it into your Bikemeet post.

Any problems give us a shout.

Thanks, eventually worked out it was an issue with Microsoft Edge, the BB code would scroll of the screen before you could copy it, all OK with Chrome now

Radar

Some cracking pictures in stunning locations. I have been a bit precious with my 1090 and as a result it hasn’t turned a wheel in a couple of months!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.