My next big bike purchase

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe My next big bike purchase

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well this is proving a tough question…

Originally I wanted a Moto Guzzi V7 Racer. I rode Pete247’s V7 recently and found it to be a utterly charming bike to ride. But 50bhp after 145 from the FZ is going to be a big drop, even with the Thundercat still on hand to provide some sporting fun.

So my thoughts moved to a Grisso 1100/1200, or pssibly a 1200 sport. All that V twin character, bit more grunt than a V7, perfect.

Then I went to Shelsly Walsh breakfast club last weeknd and I saw a Ducati S4R, in red with a big white stripe down the middle. I think I am in love…

So now I fancy a Ducati, an older Guzzi to stratch that itch and keep the FZ for its sheer grunt…

My head hurts….

ses310

Tough tough decisions!

katana
    Participant

Reckon the S4R would suit you.

I still want a TL1000 to fulfil my V twin craving.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

My head hurts….

Your wallet will hurt in sympathy too  ;)

HippoDrones
    Participant

I have not once on this whole trip round Europe felt in need of more grunt or speed from my V7… it has been the perfect lil bike… it is low tho which means the pegs are close to the seat which does scrunch your legs up a lil. Still very much in love with mine!  :)

Radar

I have not once on this whole trip round Europe felt in need of more grunt or speed from my V7… it has been the perfect lil bike… it is low tho which means the pegs are close to the seat which does scrunch your legs up a lil. Still very much in love with mine!  :)

I loved it Pete, cracking bike. I also loved Thumpers Bonnie, which is a bike in a similar siprit.

I am going to find a S4R at a dealers and blag a test ride…see where it goes from there

Champs
    Participant

The most amazing sound I ever heard was following a TL1000 with twin micron cans!

Radar

The most amazing sound I ever heard was following a TL1000 with twin micron cans!

Thumper’s VTR 1000 sounded amazing with his ‘earthquake’ pipes on too

Radar

I have spotted a 2008 Ducati S2R at a dealers in Norfolk, in the town where I uesed to live. If it is still there when I get back from the Pyrennes I will go and check it out

ses310

It looks really nice that bike, would suit you too I reckon, BUY IT

newk
    Participant

my m8 had the ducati it spent more time in the dealers than n his garage service costs re enormous and they are slow, not impressed

Radar

my m8 had the ducati it spent more time in the dealers than n his garage service costs re enormous and they are slow, not impressed

It is a worry, Yamaha’s have never really given me any bother. But I will still have Thundercat for when the Duke throws a wobbly…and the RD!

newk
    Participant

sell the lot an buy a busa

Radar

sell the lot an buy a busa

The Busa is a very impressive bike, although I have never been lucky enough to ride one. Wasn’t keen on the Brown ones, like the White model (like yours) and the black model too.

I couldn’t handle having one bike…variety is the spice of life.

I will be test riding the Duke before any decision is made

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.