MV Agusta 800 Dragster RR – Stile e sostanza

Home Forums Italian tackle MV Agusta 800 Dragster RR – Stile e sostanza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Radar

This post has been moved and can now be found here

katana
    Participant

The styling does really do it for me

robertcains
    Participant

1st Sept can’t come fast enough, I just hope the dealer has got that tail tidy sorted to get rid of that RSJ off the back of it!

Radar

I am sure you will love it

robertcains
    Participant

It’s here!!!

robertcains
    Participant

Looks loads better with the tail tidy on now.

image_zpsv0opryje.jpg

Radar

Good luck with the new machine, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Looks way better with the tail tidy

Radar

By the way the Italian for Tail tidy?

Coda Ordinate

robertcains
    Participant

Well what can I say?
    My first day on the bike was a slight dissapointment with the front right indicator parting company within 20 miles & the left front very nearly following suit, a quick detour into the dealer saw them drop everything for a super quick fix (fair play to them)
    However whilst in there I spotted an oil weep from the head which did cause concern, after much investigating & phone calls to MV it appears to be a common ‘issue’ where excess oil is left floating around the outside of the hand built engine by over zealous engine builders, sure enough a good clean up & it’s not reappeared (PHEW!!)
    So onto the bike itself… What a stunning machine to ride! I’m just 150 miles into it so far but gelling very well,
    I’ve yet to ride a bike that wants to lift the front under power or shake it’s head like this one but it’s quite a controlled affair thanks to the steering damper which would benefit from further stiffening to be honest, the gearbox with quick shifter & auto blipper downshift invites vigorous riding & seeing three figures on the clock happens in a flash.
    The noise from the exhaust combined with the mini backfire from quickshifting is addictive… I’m concerned for my licence but this bike has put a smile on my face like no other & my last three bikes have all been 1050’s
    Would I reccomend a test ride? Hell yes!

Radar

Glad you are enjoying it keep us posted.

Seems you share your passion for the Dragster with a certain L Hamilton, occupation F1 jockey

See even they know bikes are way more exciting!

robertcains
    Participant

Haha, nothing to do with publicity seeing as AMG Mercedes own a big chunk of MV?

Radar

Haha, nothing to do with publicity seeing as AMG Mercedes own a big chunk of MV?

Absolutely nothing of course!

How did the Dragster RR do on the TC forum ToL15…it’s first real try out?

robertcains
    Participant

It was super thanks Tony, I think it came home with all the pieces still intact (not always easy to tell lol)
    I’m at service interval now & it’s booked in for Sat morning for its three hour check over & software update.
    If reliability isn’t an issue I see me keeping this bike a little longer than its predecessors which were bikes I loved but the MV & I have gelled very quickly, the fact it also turns heads isn’t a bad thing as long as peeps keep their mitts off it when it’s parked up.
    It’s definitely put a smile on my chops.

Radar

It was super thanks Tony, I think it came home with all the pieces still intact (not always easy to tell lol)
    I’m at service interval now & it’s booked in for Sat morning for its three hour check over & software update.
    If reliability isn’t an issue I see me keeping this bike a little longer than its predecessors which were bikes I loved but the MV & I have gelled very quickly, the fact it also turns heads isn’t a bad thing as long as peeps keep their mitts off it when it’s parked up.
    It’s definitely put a smile on my chops.

Really glad you are enjoying it so much, what was the software update for

robertcains
    Participant

Just the usual bugs getting ironed out, early Brutale suffered with very snatchy throttle & the update flashes this I’m told, pretty standard stuff on modern cars & bikes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.