Must stop looking at Facebook on racedays….

Home Forums Bike racing Must stop looking at Facebook on racedays….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Am getting really fed up with folk posting spoilers on fb either during or immediately after races. I very rarely get to watch the events live as am either working or out and about doing stuff (shooting people normally lol), every time I can’t watch a race some inconsiderate muppet posts up “so and so has crashed” or “wotchamacallhm won”. Am I out of order to get angry with folk doing this or should I turn in to a hermit until I can get to watch the events?

If I am watching live (or even recorded) the most I will comment is “what a race” or similar which adds to others anticipation for when they can get to watch them if they have not already.

I realise not many folk on here are into the racing so much, but I guess a few of you are into the footy and imagine it must get your goat when folk spoil the results on games too?

It wasn’t anyone from here that did has done it btw.

Am seriously thinking about deleting anyone that prolifically posts spoilers from my fb lol

katana
    Participant

I’m with you on that Peter. I operate a complete media blackout on race days (bikes and cars) if I haven’t watched it live.

ses310

I do the same! No media whatsoever on racedays if I haven’t watched it live. Agree it’s very annoying, just have to avoid Facebook and the like

Radar

I do like to watch MoTD without knowing the scores, so I know how you feel

Swindon Andy
    Participant

I had to watch all the world superbikes and motogp today. Still have the moto3 left to watch.  I have to watch it all as soon as poss, to avoid being spoilt by glimpsing the results somewhere.
    Must admit it’s quicker when recorded, I spin through all the boring bits.

HippoDrones
    Participant

I forgot to record the Moto3, gutted coz last week it was the race to watch!

ses310

Moto 2 and 3 are usually great races! Normally much better than the MotoGP

BigBen
    Participant

Even if you know who’s won you can still watch it. I enjoy the adrenaline I get from a close race but I dont really care who wins. :) plus football is naff, what’s that all about :o

Radar

Even if you know who’s won you can still watch it. I enjoy the adrenaline I get from a close race but I dont really care who wins. :) plus football is naff, what’s that all about :o

I see what you are saying Ben as bike racing isn’t something I follow that closely, but for those really into it I can see why you might get hacked off.

As for football I don’t idolise the many self centred people who play the game but it is in my blood…I used to go down the Villa with my Dad, then my mates and now with my kids. Don’t know why; thats just how it is!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.