Motorcycle Live 2012 NEC. Review and Pictures

Home Forums Meetings and events Motorcycle Live 2012 NEC. Review and Pictures

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well it was show time again and seeing as I had not been for a few years I thought I would rock along this time. From the forum Ses310 joined as we wandered up in car. I was hoping to buy some bit and bobs…it was bloody freezing more to the point, so a nice warm car seemed the only choice!

Once in the show I soon bumped into a few mates; Del one of my old muckers from Lotus who I have not seem for years came across us on the Triumph stand, and a couple of my regular Sunday morning riding buddies Andy and Alan were also about cooing over the new watercooled BMW GS thing. Get over it lads the Scott Squirrel was watercooled in the 1920’s!! Champs, his good lady wife and new to the world son also met up with us. So far that little lad has been to three forum outings and is already somewhat of a regular! My old friend Gill was on the Raceways stand and is was good to see her again as always, but Ses out did us all by being acosted by one of the models who is a friend of his…talk about being trumped!

As for the show itself, it was ok, nothing amazing but ok. £19 to get in and £10 to park was a bit salty though and they don’t give out the programmes for nothing anymore! £6 quid for a bacon and sos baguette and a bottle of coke too. Not a cheap day out, although I did treat myself to a new lid and gloves from Raceways Yamaha…cheers Gill, meanwhile Ses and Champs treated themselves to a Honda Fleece and some armoured Jeans respectively

As for the bikes not much truly ground breaking was on show, but I did like the Triumph 800 Tiger and Moto Guzzi V7 racer. The Honda stand was very badly laid out with too many bikes in too small an area and this led to some congestion. The Yamaha stand had the interesting triple concept on show, but from here I will let the pics take over…

DSCN6105.jpg
    They did let other bikes in, but they had to park around the back where nobody could see them… 

DSCN6106.jpg
    The Virgin space plane, if you fancy REALLY getting away from it all!   

DSCN6108.jpg
    Trying the new Norton for size…I liked them, but they are really expensive and the stand was huge and sparsely populated with bikes   

DSCN6110.jpg
    Despite the look on my face I really liked the look and feel of the 800 Tiger   

DSCN6112.jpg
    Meaty Metisse prototype 

DSCN6117.jpg
    Coventry Transport Museum brought along some of their classics to display. The museum is excellent, well worth a visit   

DSCN6121.jpg
    Some exhibitors seemed to be missing the point somewhat!   

DSCN6124.jpg
    Painted up in tribute to a wartime P-51 Mustang fighter. A restored P-51 always flies in these colours today at airshows   

DSCN6125.jpg
    Yamaha M1 

DSCN6129.jpg
    Still struggling with Harleys   

DSCN6132.jpg
    Electric Zero S—-the future?   

DSCN6134.jpg
    I think Ses could be talked into one of these   

DSCN6135.jpg
    Nice work on the W800 by the lads at Spirit of the Seventies 

DSCN6139.jpg
    Ses’s friend…   

DSCN6140.jpg
    My friends…   

DSCN6142.jpg
    Very neat RD250E         

DSCN6148.jpg
    Little Jacob is rapidly becoming a biker in waiting… 

DSCN6152.jpg
    DSCN6154.jpg
    Father and son checking out a new 636, be careful where you your keys Pete!   

DSCN6156.jpg
    DSCN6157.jpg
    Hard to believe the Monster has been on the market for 20 years now   

DSCN6159.jpg
    Best looking Duke since the original 916?   

DSCN6161.jpg
    20k to look like an AA man   

DSCN6162.jpg
    This could apply to a few of us on here!         

DSCN6165.jpg
    Whitham, Parish show off their skills on the mike 

DSCN6166.jpg
    Close to being OTT, but I like it   

DSCN6168.jpg
    Interesting approach to front suspension   

DSCN6172.jpg
    Well engineered HD custom   

DSCN6175.jpg
    Compulsory trike shot with a bit of a twist 

DSCN6180.jpg
    What would you do with the flies?   

DSCN6184.jpg
    Triple concept Yamaha   

DSCN6188.jpg
    Nick Sanders hard-worked and battered R1         

DSCN6194.jpg
    Rather pointless BMW GS and sidecar combo…it was huge..you might as well have done with it and get a Defender 90! 

DSCN6197.jpg
    Champs tries the Chinese WK650GT for size. They have come along way really quickly, but the detail finish still has a long way to go. Better off with a secondhand Jap/Euro bike…but for how much longer?   

DSCN6199.jpg
    Working out the finance deal in my head and to be honest it could do with losing the number boards…otherwise spot on   

DSCN6208.jpg
    I love BMWs   

DSCN6211.jpg
    My old mate Gill on the Raceways stand managed to flog me a new lid and gloves whilst accusing me of being a cheapskate! 

DSCN6217.jpg
    I think he is in love…   

So overall a grand day out and thanks to Ses, Champs, Gemma, Jacob, Gill, Alan, Andy and Del for joining me

HippoDrones
    Participant

some great phots once again Don :-)

Ooo you dark horse Ses :D

I kinda like the Guzzi Racer, but yeah if it lost the number boards and was more of a chromed up Storm I think it would be better

ses310

Good day out :)
    A few bikes that I liked there, but not sure there was anything that makes me want to go out and spend lots of money…

I think I did win the best looking friend competition haha

Just a couple of pics I took

2012-11-30115554.jpg

2012-11-30112627.jpg
    Think Radar would like one!

2012-11-30104218.jpg

2012-11-30103817.jpg

katana
    Participant

Good review and photos as normal. Pity I couldn’t make it this year

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yep, excellent pics guys, looked like a good show. I’ve literally worked all weekend and I’m jealous as hell (especially when I see your new friend Matt, I coulda had one like that!) :P

20k to look like an AA man

Priceless  ;D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.