Mate gets off speeding ticket!!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Mate gets off speeding ticket!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Friend of mine recently got done on his BMW R1100S coming out of Bromsgove (A448). There is often a mobile camera there as you leave the town heading to the point where the M5 goes over the top. Anyway 3 pts and £60 he was hit for…or so he thought. he got a letter last week recinding the fine and the points. Something to do with the cameras alignment. Does anybody know more about this kind of thing, could be a route to removing points, if the plod can’t certify all was accurate.

James B
    Participant

Question everything even the officers training. All cameras nead to be calibrated regularly especially laser. Radar is very unreliable if you are on a bike as it can miss you or even register the car behind you! One last thing is forward facing cameras can’t you on a bike unless the police are working in 2’s and one is waiting further up the road, sneeky ba*****ds.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum James. Hope you enjoy it here, they’re a friendly bunch. Let us know what you ride in the Members Bikes section.

PS Your first post and you’ve already set off the swear filter! Must be a record!!

Radar

What do you mean -“Radar is unreliable”!
    Seriously welcome aboard.

Scouser
    Participant

‘Radar’ is just a big Blob on the screen on a Thundercat! (It’s a good job he knows me)Anyway, welcome James B.

Has anyone ever heard of or tried covering your licence plate with clingfilm then spraying with hair laquer? Apparently this bounces the camera flash back and your plate can’t be read?

James B
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, I’ll try not to leave any words out this time ! The problem with radar is it’s not specific enough to register something as small as a bike, if there are other vehicles moving near it. I even heard that it is possible for it to pickup a plane flying behind you. I don’t know about clingfilm on your number plate though, but the non-reflective number plates do work. I saw them at the Lincolnshire bike show and when he took a photo of it, it was just a bright white square. Be aware though even the old Gatso cameras don’t have to flash if there is good enough light. [}:)]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Mate gets off speeding ticket!!’ is closed to new replies.