Kawasaki ZX6R – 1997 – Review

Home Forums Jap stuff Kawasaki ZX6R – 1997 – Review

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Radar

P7201143_zpse2b093d7.jpg
    My old mate Mike with his bargain superbike

Mid 1990’s sports bikes are perhaps the bargain of all time right now as discovered recently when my old mate Mike came to call on his ZX6R. Naturally I took it for a wee spin on one of my regular jaunts along the A442 between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth. This bike was most impressive and it was interesting to compare it with Champs later model that I had ridden in France recently.

As usual the performance was very strong from that punchy 600 motor, the ZX6R is a properly quick bike. I remember Toggsy taking on a £150,000 Lamborghini supercar on his 1995 example a few years back! Backing up this motor was tight well controlled suspension that belied the 36,000 miles on the clock. Sweet gearchange too and for only the second time on an older big Kwack in my experience, an example that also had great feel at the lever for the effiecient brakes. What a cracking bike…fast, assured, comfy and safe…it even had a full Kawasaki service history. All this for a little over a £1000!

Makes you wonder why we bother with the new stuff when you can have this much fun for so little cash….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.