Is this Digger?

Home Forums CRASH! Is this Digger?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

Check out this clip.

https://www.big-boys.com/articles/newbrakes1.html

and this

https://www.big-boys.com/articles/fastbikecrash.html

The web site is good for clips, mainly for us lads though.

An absolutely true storey which Radar can vouch for, a work collegue passed his test and had £2000 burning a hole in his pocket, so I went with him to look at some bikes. At a shop in Hinkley he arranged to have a test ride on a Kwak ZX750H1. I told him to take it easy as he had only been riding CB500 trainer bike, which he dropped on one of his trining days…oh dear guess what’s coming?

We headed off towards Mallory for a test ride, me on my Varadildo and matey following behind on the Kwak test ride. Came to a nice sweeping right hander on the Ibstock road doing about 60, straightened my bike up and looked in my mirrors, no sign of the Kwak. Pulled over in a farm entrance and waited, and waited, car drivers were passing me shaking their heads; Oh Shit.

I headed back. There was matey sitting at the side of the road, Kwak on its side scraped to buggery with the exhaust knackered.

Matey had high sided and ploughed into a chevron bollard, good job it was plastic. He had injured his shoulder but was walking wounded. I lifted the bike and put it out of harms way; sat matey down to relax and recover then I had to go back to the shop to explain what had happened.

They sent a van out to pick the bike up and matey had to buy it there and then as test rides are only third party insurance, so you have to pay for all repairs.

I took matey home and the shop delivered his £2000 wreck to his home the following day.[:0]

Be seen and be Safe!

Radar

All true! I seem to remember the bike shop did him a reasonable deal. I can think of easier ways of knocking a few quid off!!

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.