Indian FTR1200 – A Dash of Tabasco Sauce

Home Forums American Pie Indian FTR1200 – A Dash of Tabasco Sauce

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Radar

This has been moved to our road test section

Indian FTR1200 review

HippoDrones
    Participant

Nice write up Don, it certainly is a looker… still quite a heavy bike though isn't it?

Radar

Nice write up Don, it certainly is a looker… still quite a heavy bike though isn't it?

Being honest I didn't notice the weight when riding it. but according to the Indian website it is 430Kg GVWR. which is pretty high..surprised to see that figure to be honest. I think the number plate bracket weighs a fair chunk on its own!

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ftr1200-s/specs/

HippoDrones
    Participant

Hahahaha :D

Radar

I rode the same FTR1200 again today for about 20 minutes or so…it has been given a bit of a make over by the dealership (Midwest Moto) and is utterly transformed, and it was pretty decent before. The engine has been re-mapped, the low speed hesitancy I noted before has gone, and as a side benefit the bike now pushes out 131bhp. It really shifts and the pic-up for overtakes, which was great before is now really pin sharp. It has been fitted with Conti Raod Attack tyres, and while I didn't feel short changed by the stock tyres these are way better. Finally they have switched out the black tank for a black, white & red combo which I prefer and best of all the huge number plate mounting has gone replaced by a much sleeker set up. 

Little steps…BIG improvement

bikepics-2816243-full.jpg
    Better looking and smoother running….

bikepics-2816242-full.jpg
    So much neater now

HippoDrones
    Participant

Not a huge fan of either tail, but the new one does look a little less horrid! :)

Radar

Not a huge fan of either tail, but the new one does look a little less horrid! :)

lol, I think the one fitted to the MW115 show special beats them both…

Radar

Being honest I didn't notice the weight when riding it. but according to the Indian website it is 430Kg GVWR. which is pretty high..surprised to see that figure to be honest. I think the number plate bracket weighs a fair chunk on its own!

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/ftr1200-s/specs/

Checked the data elsewhere it is 488lbs or 221kg which is more like it!

HippoDrones
    Participant

quite a heft then!

Radar

quite a heft then!

As a point of comparison my Ducati S2R 1000 is 178KG, but has quite a bit less power (94bhp)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.