I’m after a new ride, but its gotta excite me….

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe I’m after a new ride, but its gotta excite me….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

and where would someone buy that from and how much would it cost? :D

That is a custom built bike isn’t it? Gonna be looking at around £15k+ I imagine at least and it still will be around 50hp so no more fun than my Guzzi (which I am keeping) :-)

Radar

I can’t see r6my’s pic of a CCM for some reason

Other wild cards, Yamaha V-Max…powerful, upright and hold their money.

Ducati Diaval?

One thing is clear from the number of replies, we love to spend somebody else’s money!

Radar

XSR900?

I was really impressed and they are upright and very cool at the moment

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/yamaha-xsr900-cool-cafe-racer-or-slick-modern-speed-machine/

r6ymy
    Participant

It’s a CCM Spitfire, limited production of 150, only £8,000 which seemed like very good value to me. They are talking about maybe making some more because the initial run sold out so quickly.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/february/ccm-spitfire-600-launch/

HippoDrones
    Participant

It’s a CCM Spitfire, limited production of 150, only £8,000 which seemed like very good value to me. They are talking about maybe making some more because the initial run sold out so quickly.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/february/ccm-spitfire-600-launch/

WOWZERS, that price is very surprising, can’t imagine they can be making any money on them at that price (unless it is on top of the cost of the base bike?)

It is pretty but that is it’s problem…. is a bit too pretty, and you’d never be able to ride it in the rain! :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

I can’t see r6my’s pic of a CCM for some reason
    Ducati Diaval?

One thing is clear from the number of replies, we love to spend somebody else’s money!

haha, you all sure do! :D

I like the look of the Diaval but as said in the vid and also on facebook am not after such a big bike (or a Ducati or a V twin).

I am quite amazed at the amount of discussion this video has generated, seems like folk are itching to buy stuff themselves!

elessimo
    Participant

I was going to suggest the CCM 450GP but figured that 40bhp might be a little underpowered for you.
    Felt enough for me, but we were off-road most of the test-ride. And it was very light and agile, so gets up to speed quickly enough.
    I’d still like one.

For SM it’s the CCM R30 with the 644 Suzuki engine that looks the DBs….

If you’re interested in a Buell my mate Jed is selling his….  it’s quick!    8)

elessimo
    Participant

And, yeah, the Spitfire looks pretty cool…. :)

Radar

I was going to suggest the CCM 450GP but figured that 40bhp might be a little underpowered for you.
    Felt enough for me, but we were off-road most of the test-ride. And it was very light and agile, so gets up to speed quickly enough.
    I’d still like one.

For SM it’s the CCM R30 with the 644 Suzuki engine that looks the DBs….

If you’re interested in a Buell my mate Jed is selling his….  it’s quick!    8)

I think Imperial Data’s experience wit the R30i might be enough to put some folk off…

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/ids-ccm-well-for-a-few-hours-anyway/

r6ymy
    Participant

Hadn’t actually watched your video until just now. I know where you’re coming from and can sympathise. I spent a full at the NEC and again at the Excel bike shows, and came away thinking even if I won the lottery tomorrow there was nothing I’d be rushing to buy. I did like the Spitfire, but it would have to be a second or third bike – if I hadn’t bought my V7 just a week before I would have been very tempted. I like the V4 Nortons, but very limited use for one. The Triumph Thruxton is nice. The new Street Triple would be good but I had one a couple of years ago, and don’t like the styling of the new ones.
    I liked the look of the RNineT Racer, but the riding position was like being on the rack, it felt like you were stretched over a four foot long tank.
    I might try a test ride on an Aprilia Shiver, and the KTM when its out.

elessimo
    Participant

I think Imperial Data’s experience wit the R30i might be enough to put some folk off…

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/ids-ccm-well-for-a-few-hours-anyway/

You can’t judge a model by one nail….  :)

There’s a lime green R30 near us that looks and sounds gorgeous. And I’ve never seen it dead by the side of the road!    8)

elessimo
    Participant

Of course, if you want a bespoke bike the Ariel Ace with girder forks looks (and goes!) pretty good.

A snip at £25k…..    8)

Radar

Triumph Thruxton R?

Radar

How about the new Z900?

HippoDrones
    Participant

The Z900 is about the only bike I’ve not heard of out of all the many suggested, but again it isn’t exciting, it is like all the rest, just a bit boring.

Thanks everyone, you have basically eliminated every other bike so the 2018 KTM 790 Duke it is.

To continue the discussion though, seein as you all have thoughts on bikes, why don’t you post the bike you’d like if you were able to have it, am sure I can come up with some suggestions as alternatives!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.