I am almost insanely jealous…

Home Forums Jap stuff I am almost insanely jealous…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Radar

A good mate from the Thundercat forum and occasional contributor on here Robertcains has treated himself to this late 1980’s icon…the EXUP

I REALLY want one now…I need help…

HippoDrones
    Participant

ooo yummy, I remember you saying you wanted one of these beauties :-)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

That looks a clean bike. All original?

robertcains
    Participant

Thanks guys, she is a very good original example which requires a few parts & upgrades to sort.
    The polished frame isn’t standard but I actually quite like it, however she is currently undergoing a makeover consisting of original indicators, mirrors etc & a thorough going over, I want to use it this summer before completely stripping it over next winter.
    I had big plans for a project Exup including a full respray, that’s been shelved as the original fairings are pretty good with only the odd mark here & there  8)

HippoDrones
    Participant

cool, keep us updated with the restore job when you start it :-)

katana
    Participant

Looks a good un. Has escaped the pinked anodised nut craze of the 90’s by the look of it?

Radar

Thanks guys, she is a very good original example which requires a few parts & upgrades to sort.
    The polished frame isn’t standard but I actually quite like it, however she is currently undergoing a makeover consisting of original indicators, mirrors etc & a thorough going over, I want to use it this summer before completely stripping it over next winter.
    I had big plans for a project Exup including a full respray, that’s been shelved as the original fairings are pretty good with only the odd mark here & there  8)

Those colours are perfect, you can’t change them! I have followed a couple on ebay since your purchase but I have no room for another bike at the moment. Really looking forward to seeing the machine in the flesh

robertcains
    Participant

It was always going to be in those colours anyway Tony, it’s the only colour I was interested in & would have been repainted as factory

robertcains
    Participant

Now this is a proper result! Brand new & genuine Yam complete with new exup valve & cover… A very happy boy indeed!

image_zpseabc97b0.jpg

Radar

That is quite a find, especially a brand new one.

Glad you were going to keep those colours, easily the best applied to the EXUP

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good find on the exhaust.

robertcains
    Participant

Headstock bearings & fork overhaul now in progress

image_zpsa48406f4.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice garage! Do you work there?

robertcains
    Participant

Unfortunately not, it’s actually at my local Kawasaki dealer, I’m pretty close to them as my small company sponsor their BSB superstock race team, Team Bikers Racing on Facebook if anyone is interested in looking them up 

Radar

Looks like you are treating the EXUP to a thorough going over, should be the mutz nutz by the time you are done!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.