Honda Bros 400 Calpier Problem

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted Honda Bros 400 Calpier Problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    seanchubbs
    Participant

I am trying to change my brake pads as they are too worn, but im not too sure how to undo the bolt/spindle through the wheel, to release the caliper(there is not enough room to remove the caliper with the wheel on).
    On one side i have a huge nut/bolt and on the other side is a frayed bolt with, what looks like a pin through.
    Can anyone send me a link with or give me help to how to do this

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Sean

More or less like this on most bikes:

https://www.ehow.com/video_4970719_motorcycle-rotor-brake-replacement-front.html

The frayed bolt is called a ‘castellated nut’. The pin through it is called a ‘split pin’. The split pin stops the castellated nut from unscrewing while riding. Remove this before unscrewing the nut.

Good luck.

seanchubbs
    Participant

Hi Imperialdata,

i wayched the vid you sent me aswell as a few on youtube and have finally got the wheel and caliper off. I have put in the new brake pads and tightened everything back up etc.
    I now have a new problem though,pressing the brake lever doesnt activate the brake, i have pumped it a few times to let the brake fluid through but still nothing, any ideas?

Thanks Sean.

Radar

Sounds like the brakes need bleeding

Radar

BigBen
    Participant

good luck with it, bleeding the brakes is the most boring, annoying job you can ever do on a bike…unless you have a speed bleeder.

katana
    Participant

A Vaccuum bleeder is the way foward.

I made myself one from and old aquarium pump and some fittings I “found”.

seanchubbs
    Participant

Brakes bled but still not working, ive come to the conclusion the piston had seized. Ive removed the piston and cleaned it up as well as the caliper, do i need a special grease to grease up the piston before i put it all back together?

Cheers Sean

Radar

You should use a special hig temp grease really

something like this
    https://hires.amazonwebstore.com/Radiator-Specialty-L6086-Disc-Brake-Caliper/M/B002SELDAM.htm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.