Hi From “The Borough”

Home Forums Members’ bikes Hi From “The Borough”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GSF K1
    Participant

Hi there. I’ve just registered to the forum. I’ve recently got my backside back on two wheels after a 15yr absence (why????). Its now that I realise how dull driving a car has made me!!! Long gone were the fun old days of thrashing my old CB250RSA around town and the country lanes of deepest Hertfordshire.
    Well, I no longer live in Herts, and I’m the proud owner of a Bandit 600(K1). Do many members live near/in Peterborough.. I’m looking for some good routes to try out. I found plenty of flat straight “booooooooring” roads, or those which seem to have been laid by moles… I’m taking things careful at the moment, I have to get my confidence back and find the limits of my tyres (hopefully I dont find out the hard way!!!!!)

Looking forward to some chats with you guys.

Radar

WEelcome to the forum and back to the world of biking. Bandit is great choice to re-introduce yourself to motorcycling. I still have a CB250RS and think it is a cracking wee bike.
    Don’t live near Peterboro I am afraid, but in the chat room there has been some talk about heading to Matlock bath on March 6th or 13th (or both). Could you make it there?

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hi GSF, My hubby Dave is the pilot of our FZX 750. Welcome to the Forum, quite a friendly bunch this lot. We are from Romsey, which is near Southampton, We’ve been up Boxhill, Dorking, during the summer, Quite a few bikers meet up there on a Sunday. The FZX by the way is called the baby VMax. It is lighter than the Vmax and leaner buy just as fast full powered one. Can see pic of our bike either by clicking on profile or under heading updated FZX. members bikes.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

Welcome GSF K1. Friendly folks here. Have heard that the ride up to Hunstanton from Peterborough is a good ride but havent done it yet myself.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

Radar

I nearly killed my Mrs on our first biking date 1n 1987 on the way to Hunstanton! Or was it to Wells-next-the-sea? Either way she wasn’t chuffed!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

How did you manage that Radar, its all flat with no hedgerows?

GSF K1
    Participant

Hey Radar..
    Do you still ride your RS?? I did one hell of alot of miles on mine.. even used to ride it in the snow (yes I was truly mad back then). I took three weeks off as holiday back in 88 and stripped it down as a “something to do project”.. who needs expensive holidays.. just try rebuilding a Honda!!! Cost me a fortune.. Had to learn what made it tick somehow.
    Trouble with it was I couldnt keep up with 125 2-strokes.. then I found out how much fun car back seats can be (tee hee).

We all make bad mistakes at times.

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Don’t live near Peterboro I am afraid, but in the chat room there has been some talk about heading to Matlock bath on March 6th or 13th (or both). Could you make it there?

So who’s up for it then???? Weather permitting of course!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

I can do both.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by barmy_carmy

How did you manage that Radar, its all flat with no hedgerows?

Chasing a bunch of mates on bigger and faster bikes (FJ1200, FZ750, GPZ1100, GPz900R) on my GS550. Tried to make up ground in the corners, and was doing pretty well, I had left two others also on faster bikes trailing, when I dived into a LH hand bend that i thought opened onto a straight. But it didn’t, it actually got progressively tighter and tigther. I wound up on the wrong side of the road with the footpegs, stand etc trailing sparks!! Made it round (just). Got to the coast and the girlfriend (now wife) just storming off with me trailing behind meekly apologising!
    That was in 1987 and she still comes out on the bikes!

Radar

Just realised. Can’t do 13th

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.