Hawk Kawasaki unveil new 2006 ZX-10R at LMS

Home Forums Bike racing Hawk Kawasaki unveil new 2006 ZX-10R at LMS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

The 2006 MCN London Motorcycle show saw the world debut of the 2006 Hawk Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike.

On display at the Kawasaki stand at the Alexandra Palace event this was the first time a 2006 model ZX-10R superbike has been seen in the country, and fans of the team were eager to get a glimpse of the new machine that will be used by Dean Thomas and Craig Coxhell for their 2006 campaign.

Team owner Stuart Hicken was looking forward to the unveiling his team’s latest giant killer.

”For sure it’s been a long winter getting the bike ready, but I couldn’t wait to show it to the world now it’s done. Kawasaki have worked really hard to get us the bike early this time, giving us time to develop the parts we need in house. We’ve had a to design a lot of new parts, bits and pieces that we couldn’t evolve from the previous machine, so the lads in the workshop have been pushing hard to get it complete. We’ve had it on the dyno and are happy with the result there and hope to have it on track very soon as I know Dean and Craig are eager to get some laps in.”

Retained for the 2006 season following a strong first year with the Leicestershire-based team Dean Thomas is more than happy with the new ZX-10R.

“It looks great, and I just want to ride it. I keep going to the workshop to have a look at it, and getting thrown out by the mechanics for asking is it nearly ready yet! Some days I go and it looks finished, and I get all excited, and then I go back two days later and they’ve stripped it to bits again! It’s been on the dyno, and I know its good news but they won’t show me the exact figures. I’m really looking forward to riding it as soon as possible.”

Hawk Kawasaki will also be appearing at the Autosport International show with 2005 race machines on the Arrow Precision and Baty stands. Dean Thomas was in attendance on Thursday 12th January, the team now heads to the Motorcycle Trade Expo at Stoneleigh Park on Sunday the 15th, joining sponsors Fowlers of Bristol, Prexport and Pro Bike for the show.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.