Gixxer is gone ! Sob !

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Gixxer is gone ! Sob !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GSXR1000
    Participant

I very reluctantly sold the Suzuki 1000 to a friend last night.
    I damaged my wrist in a recent spill and it looks like low bars are out of the question from now on, if I want to stay on 2 wheels.
    The good news is that I have a replacement bike, bought at the weekend for a keen price.
    I looked at Harleys and decided they weren’t quick enough and were too agricultural still, the big Japanese v-twins just seem like posh Harleys and so, I got a Triumph Rocket 3 in black.
    Nice riding position, well-equipped, looks good from most angles BUT…….Mr. Triumph, you are having a laugh if you are telling me this has 147 bhp. NO WAY. Not at the wheel, not at the crankshaft and not even back at the production line !!!
    I will get it tested but I’d say 110 bhp. It has masses of grunt, you’d expect that from almost 2.3 litres of straight-3, but the power is feeble.
    Anyone else know anything about these bikes? Are they short of power?
    Can they be tuned?

Gix
    Participant

Oh dear! and I have just been and bought one! (gixer ID!)[:0][:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by GSXR1000

I very reluctantly sold the Suzuki 1000 to a friend last night.
    I damaged my wrist in a recent spill and it looks like low bars are out of the question from now on, if I want to stay on 2 wheels.
    The good news is that I have a replacement bike, bought at the weekend for a keen price.
    I looked at Harleys and decided they weren’t quick enough and were too agricultural still, the big Japanese v-twins just seem like posh Harleys and so, I got a Triumph Rocket 3 in black.
    Nice riding position, well-equipped, looks good from most angles BUT…….Mr. Triumph, you are having a laugh if you are telling me this has 147 bhp. NO WAY. Not at the wheel, not at the crankshaft and not even back at the production line !!!
    I will get it tested but I’d say 110 bhp. It has masses of grunt, you’d expect that from almost 2.3 litres of straight-3, but the power is feeble.
    Anyone else know anything about these bikes? Are they short of power?
    Can they be tuned?

Sorry to hear that injury has put you off your choosen steed. Have a look in British Beef, there are posts about the big Triumph in there. Let us know how you get on with her, it is about the only cruiser that has caught my eye.

I make light look slow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.