Fantic 500 Caballero – brief impressions

Home Forums Italian tackle Fantic 500 Caballero – brief impressions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Radar
    HippoDrones
    Participant

was interested in the 500 when shopping for the Beta, I think I made the right choice at the time, but by heck… the 500 is a lovely looking bike! :-)

Radar

was interested in the 500 when shopping for the Beta, I think I made the right choice at the time, but by heck… the 500 is a lovely looking bike! :-)

You certainly seem to be enjoying your Beta, there is a Fantic more in that style, but you're right the Caballero is a cracking looking bike

HippoDrones
    Participant

Aye… the Fantic enduro is as tall as a house, think it is even taller than the KTMs!  :o

Radar

Aye… the Fantic enduro is as tall as a house, think it is even taller than the KTMs!  :o

The Caballero was a little on the high side for a stumpy like me too…

HippoDrones
    Participant

the enduro is 3″ taller still!

Radar

the enduro is 3″ taller still!

I wouldn't have a snowflake's chance in hell with that one! Dirt and adventure bikes have gone crazy tall in recent years and just can't get near some of them! The DT175MX, the first bike I ever rode was so low compared to what is about these days

HippoDrones
    Participant

It is what endeared me to my Beta Alp 4.0 and also what appeals to me about the Beta Xtrainer. I wish they did a 4T version of the Xtrainer

r6ymy
    Participant

I was really impressed with the styling and finish of these when I saw them at the NEC, great value. I know they are very different bikes but if looking for something at this price point it would be interesting to try this against the Royal Enfield Interceptor.

Radar

I was really impressed with the styling and finish of these when I saw them at the NEC, great value. I know they are very different bikes but if looking for something at this price point it would be interesting to try this against the Royal Enfield Interceptor.

Midwest Moto have a demo bike, I am sure they would be happy to let you out on it. I am keem to try the new RE too, apparently selling really well

Radar

bikepics-2814830-full.jpg

Andy (aka Thumper) tried the 500 too recently. Came away impressed with it's road manners, but felt it was perhaps a little too road biased

Radar

Reviewed in BIKE magazine this month (Sept 2019), gets a great review

Barmy that you can get the September edition in late July

HippoDrones
    Participant

How does that work?

Radar

How does that work?

I subscribe to Bike so I get it about a week before it is the shops, but still barmy

Radar

In the latest edition of BIKE (Oct 2019) they place the Fantic in their top tens bikes of the year….that is high praise indeed….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.