Bridgestone BT21 Sport touring. Indestructible!!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Bridgestone BT21 Sport touring. Indestructible!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Before heading off around Europe I fitted one of these tyres to the rear of my trusty Thundercat. Well after 2300 miles of high speed riding abroad and about 1,000 back here in the UK, the sodding thing still looks new! Even a puncture in France has failed to see it off! It has about as much grip as your average ice rink and would not warm up if you chucked it in a blast furnace! Normally 3500 miles see a back tyre down to the wear indicators on the Cat, but I think the concrete Bridgestone will hit 6k+. Meanwhile Toggs fitted a tyre to his ZX9R at the same time and he has reduced it to shreds in 3,000 miles, mind you he rides like Rossi late for the Pizza palour! This tyre reminds me of the old Avon Speedmaster Mk2, a tyre that used to leave an impression of its’ tread pattern in-bedded into the road as it passed. I actually think it was impossible to wear one out. So some nice sticky tyres for the Cat next year!

P9160744.jpg
    The Captain Scarlett of bike tyres

0000_Avon_SM_Mark_II_Rear_Tire_--.jpg
    The everlasting Avon Speedmaster

katana
    Participant

I remember having Cheng Shin tyres on my 50s. Even car park burnouts wouldn’t touch the them. Don’t think they even moulded wear indicators on them!

toggsy
    Participant

I’m glad someone else bought Cheng Shins they were awfully cheap though,

I had them one on the back of my GT250 coz I couldn’t afford the Dunlop TT100 and remember skidding (Deliberately) in a straight line and the sound was like sandpaper on wood and I’m sure they re-surfaced the same stretch of road the following week because of rutting.

Radar, I bet you’ve still got that Bridgestone on next year, and it will pain you to take a tyre off with 5mm of tread on it still!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by toggsy

Radar, I bet you’ve still got that Bridgestone on next year, and it will pain you to take a tyre off with 5mm of tread on it still!

The plan at the moment is to put the tyre I took off back on as that has quite a bit of life in it, and the bike felt much better on it

HippoDrones
    Participant

am running a pilot road on the rear of me trumpet at the mo…. tis holding up well had good amount of miles out of it and it does enough on the corners once warmed up! Will put a 2ct on her before me next track day tho as don’t wanna end up back in hospital for the sake of £140!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I had a Speedmaster on a 250 years ago. Was OK but you knew when you were riding on the corners of the tyre.

Another spill on the track doesn’t bear thinking about Pete. How are you doing now after that accident?

Thumper
    Participant

Radar, you could start to rate it like some sort of victorious conker!

Radar

Well the last few weeks has seen another 500 miles or so added including a spirited ride on the Inter forum meet on the 30th. I have even let tyre killer Toggsy loose on it to no avail! It still looks new! I actually reckon it is picking up rubber from the road and increasing its’ tread depth!

HippoDrones
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

I had a Speedmaster on a 250 years ago. Was OK but you knew when you were riding on the corners of the tyre.

Another spill on the track doesn’t bear thinking about Pete. How are you doing now after that accident?

Soz to thread hi-jack, Am doing ok mate, have stuck a thread up about how things are going at the mo, waiting to see if I need some surgery on my hip/pelvis which hasn’t really made my week but needs must. Have just aquired a £100 trackday voucher for £50 so am hoping to get back out on track later this year :) Will be on the Trumpet rather than the Gixer tho!

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/what-have-i-been-upto/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.