BMW F800R. A Fun BMW! Brief Riding Impressions

Home Forums European BMW F800R. A Fun BMW! Brief Riding Impressions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Being Sensible Can be Fun!

Fun: This is not a word I was expecting to use in relationship to a BMW. Especially one based on the worthy if slightly underwhelming F800S. The R has been paired down to be a more basic bike and this combined with more flamboyant colours gives the bike that fun feel normally lacking in a BMW. On the example I rode I found myself reminded of my red, white and blue 1984 Yamaha RD350YPVS. High praise indeed let me tell you.

Classic Stance

Once on the bike the RD link carried on with a riding position of classic 80’s proportions: sporting but relatively upright.
    On the move the twin cylinder spins readily to the red-line and shoves the bike along at a decent rate of knots. Delivery is very much focussed on the top end of the rev range. I do not know if the mapping is altered when compared to the S, but it feels fun to thrash! The R can also be thrown about with aplomb and must admit that I found myself really liking it. A stunt rider uses a F800 and it seems some of his spirit has been infused into this fun bike. A Beemer I really like: Gulp!

September 2011

Radar
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.