Billy Connolly and his Trike…

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Billy Connolly and his Trike…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Cool or uncool? Is he one of us?

(The story of his tour of New Zealand riding a trike is on British TV at the moment)

Donate – it makes you feel good!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

He is definitely one of a kind. You see the size of those rear tyres? Funny guy though. I bet you can tell me what lump was used in his trike, sounded quite nice.

Lex
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Cool or uncool? Is he one of us?

(The story of his tour of New Zealand riding a trike is on British TV at the moment)

Donate – it makes you feel good!

He is a t**t

XV16
    Participant

What do you really think of him Lex?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Sidevalve
    Participant

I think he is funny, but the purple trike is not my bag.

Radar

Trike would be beeter with a V-Max engine. Connolly himself is pretty funny.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Dave dyed his goatie beard and tache once the same as Billy Connolly!
    It didnt half raise a few eyebrows and laughs![:p]

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

barmy_carmy
    Participant

He dyed it PINK!lol.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

speedy claire
    Participant

Used to like him but not any more after his comments on stage re. the beheading of Ken Bigley, think it was totally insensitive of him and not funny at all

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

GSX Rat
    Participant

well… he had a point…

at the end of the day, no-one gave a flying fu$k when it was the yanks getting beheaded, and the guy was out there voluntarily working. He knew the risks and went for the money, yeah – ok it’s a shame but he didnt have to be there, and lets face it – if bush and his puppet, the grinning idiot hadnt been there for the oil in the first place then none of it would have happended.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

speedy claire
    Participant

Eh!!!!! I was disgusted when it was the Yanks getting beheaded, OK it upset me more over Ken Bigley cos I`m a scouser but also because I`ve met his mum 3 or 4 times. Yes he was out there working but that`s no reason to justify his beheading. He was out there working to try and restore Iraq and undo some of the damage caused by the war and as such he should have been protected

GSX Rat
    Participant

OK then, the majority of the british public, the british press and the british media in general didnt care when it was yanks getting beheaded. Short of a quick news story it wasnt worth bothering with. Then, as soon as its a brit everyones interested, theres an outcry – why, is a brits life worth more than a yank, or indeed any other countrys one? You have all this bullsh!t press coverage with hypocritical newsmen, politicians, and the public demanding action. There is no reason to justify a beheading under those circumstances, but as for working to restore iraq, would he have been there if the money had not been so good – lets face it, the answer is no. He was there because it paid well. He, and others who work out in other unstable countries assess the risk to life versus the money that they are getting paid for the job that they are doing, and make a decision based upon that as to whether to go or not. Most people get away with it, some dont – he was one of the unfortunate ones. However, getting back to the billy connolly thing, that is british humour, you make light of a bad situation, it may not be politically correct but at the end of the day, he wasnt coming home, as soon as he was captured that much was sure – the british government wasnt going to pay for his release and they werent just going to let him go, and even if they did they would probably still have killed him anyway. The iraqies (sp?) blame (and rightly so) the us and the uk for starting all the trouble so basically anyone taken hostage over there is only coming home in a bag.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

It was a bad thing that happened and the same as the tidal wave in asia, it gets done to death in the media, so you become sick of it.

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

Gix
    Participant

Was a bad thing and quite sure that the family of Kenneth Bigley would not have seen the funny side of Billy Connelly’s comments.
    If it had been one of your kin hooly, would you have been impressed with ‘British humour’? Bit disrepsectful however you look at it.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

speedy claire
    Participant

I was sickened and angry at all the executions…. but I do agree with you on the general reaction of the british media. Yes I know Ken Bigley made a choice to feather his nest amid the ruins of Iraq knowing the risks involved. He took a gamble and lost. Hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis who have died prematurely as a result of US- and UK-led sanctions and an illegal war and occupation had no such choice. But it doesn`t make it right. I don`t agree with war of any kind and i`ve no desire to get involved in debating it, I only responded to the orginal question with my reasons for dislking Billy Connolly. In my opinion what he said was inexusable and insensitive and showed no respect for the family of Ken Bigley and the pain and turmoil they were going through. That`s why I won`t watch him now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.