Billy Connolly and his Trike…

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Billy Connolly and his Trike…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    GSX Rat
    Participant

if you knew my sense of humour gc, you wouldnt be asking that question. But, as you have – yes i would.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

I’m not sure if thats a sense of humour or just disrespect for victims of murder and terrorism. And not very respectful for your dead kin if you would find humour in their murder.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

GSX Rat
    Participant

disrespectful to my kin – if they were dead they’d know no difference either way, it would be more disrespectful to change the way and i am and my sense of humour just because they had died. Whether they are murdered or just die, they are gone and they aint coming back – life goes on…

Thats the way i look at it anyway.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

speedy claire
    Participant

Sorry but this sickens me cos unless i`m misinterpreting what you`ve said I gather you`d have still found his comments funny if that had been your father kidnapped and facing execution!!!!!! Yes when someone`s died nothing will bring them back but dead or not they still deserve the utmost respect. From the way you`re talking I think its not only your sense of humour thats questionnable but also your sense of humanity

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Gix
    Participant

Life may go on but is there need to disrespect the dead?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Life is very precious,and it doesnt matter what creed, colour or race you are any killing of a fellow human being is wrong. The dead do deserve our respect, Whoever they are.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

GSX Rat
    Participant

it makes no difference to the dead whether you respect them or not, whether you take a corpse and spend 10 grand on a fancy funeral or chuck it in the river, its dead – its rotting flesh. The dead deserve no respect, its the memory of the once living that deserves the respect (sometimes).
    You are all being hypocritical at the end of the day, coz everyone has laughed at a sick joke, they all affect someone somewhere its just when it gets a bit close to home that people fail to see the funny side.
    It would be very hypocritical of me not to find some humour in that joke if it had been applied to my dad when for years i have laughed at all maner of sick jokes, and viewed images and videos of other peoples death and misfortune on sites like ogrish and bangedup.
    At the end of the day, if they had managed to kidnap my dad and were holding them hostage, i’d have to shake their hand as last time i saw him he was been scattered in a disused graveyard.

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

Scattered in a disused graveyard? Hardly disused then[:D]

Not sure it is desrespectful making jokes about dead people, atleast they are never forgotten.

Christ, when I die, I want to be dumped in the street in a black bag, I pay my council tax, they can deal with me

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

ok, it is sort of disused – it is an abandoned and disused church, was last used bout 20 years ago officially but was a few miles away from where he and my mam lived, but he always said when he died he wanted to end up there so that’s what he got…..

speedy claire
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSX Hooligan

The dead deserve no respect, its the memory of the once living that deserves the respect (sometimes).

When we talk about respecting the dead of course its their memory we`re respecting….. surely that goes without saying???

I`m surprised you don`t have more respect yourself seeing as how you`ve lost somebody close. Ok so put yourself in the shoes of Ken Bigleys sons….. if your dad had still been alive and it had been him kidnapped how would you feel and react knowing he was facing certain death?? How would you feel if some pillock came along and made a cheap joke like that?? I know we all have different coping mechanisms and different outlooks on life but your`s in my opinion is odd. I always have and always will have respect for the dead, the majority of my work is dealing with cancer patients and seeing it through to their demise…… I just can`t comprehend your lack of compassion!

GSX Rat
    Participant

i watched my dad laid in a bed for eight years waiting to die, throughout that time he himself joked about his situation, and encouraged others to do the same. All that time we knew he was facing certain death and it was a standard joke to tell him on fathers day / birthday / christmas that we wouldnt bother buying the card till the day before as we might be wasting our money. If my opinion is odd, then so what – i share it with lots of other people, and i respect the living and the dying, once they are dead they need no respect – as i said, its then just a lump of meat. Do not confuse this with a lack of compassion, i still miss my dad and other mates who i have known die but that doesnt mean you need to sit there feeling sorry for either yourself or them, or bitching coz a comedian cracks a joke – thats the thing with comedy – and the world in general, sooner or later the subject is going to come round to something that you feel strongly about. If you can laugh at other peoples misfortune, whether that be at sick jokes or even them people on you’ve been framed, you’ve got to be able to laugh at your own otherwise, like i said above that makes you a hypocrite.
    If my dad had been in that situation, then i would have known that he was facing certain death and the family would have trotted out all the jokes, and my mates would have done the same because they know that it is what firstly, he would have wanted and secondly that it is what i would want.

speedy claire
    Participant

I just can`t agree with you, the dead or rather the memory of the deceased deserves the utmost respect. I absolutely refuse to believe that you, your family and your friends would have sat there cracking jokes if it had been the imminent execution of your father… that is sick! There`s nothing more I can add her cos I`m entitled to my beliefs and opinions same as you are to yours. I honestly think if I were to continue i`d be in danger of becoming extremely irritated or upset so I`m going to gracefully bow out here!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSX Hooligan

ok, it is sort of disused – it is an abandoned and disused church, was last used bout 20 years ago officially but was a few miles away from where he and my mam lived, but he always said when he died he wanted to end up there so that’s what he got…..

Ah thats sweet! Was it your mam that scattered his ashes there?

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What I really love to see is those New Orleans jazz funerals, you know, when someone dies and they have a real festival in the streets

https://www.neworleansonline.com/neworleans/history/jazzfuneral.html

For me, even though I’m not religious in any way, I can see the celebration being a way of accepting the loss of a loved one and getting through the mourning process.

Jokes like Connolly’s make me laugh but I’m sure if I was closer to the subject of the joke it would hold much less humour. Take the mickey out of someone’s relative at their funeral and you deserve to get a punch in the face, there’s obviously a time and a place for taking the piss.

As Hooly says, everyone has laughed at a sick joke, we British like to laugh at things like this and that will never change. I personally would not be disrepectful of the dead if it offended someone who was listening close by, but that would not stop me from laughing at a poor taste joke. And there’s plenty of them…..

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.