Bikers guided by hi-tech helmet (BBC)

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Bikers guided by hi-tech helmet (BBC)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Bikers guided by hi-tech helmet

From the BBC on 23 September 2013

Car drivers are used to seeing satellite navigation mounted on windscreens or dashboards but motorcyclists have had no such luxury – until now.

The BBC’s North America technology correspondent Richard Taylor met one company developing an in-helmet navigation system, and asked if it is any safer than a regular system attached to the motorbike itself.

Source and Video clip here:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24184734

I think it looks dangerous and HUGE

Champs
    Participant

I tried to drive the car once with a head up display and couldn’t concentrate properly. It quickly got taken off.

Plus they haven’t done their research too well,motorcyclists have had mountable satnav units for years. Mine sticks to the dash.

I wonder if we will ever see a manufacturers built in unit. Seems logical, more and more cars have built in satnav these days.

HippoDrones
    Participant

can’t see any but the rich paying over £1000 for a crash helmet…. not when they have a 5yr usable life time assuming you don’t crash. I found mounting the satnav on my bars at the same height as the dials was not a distraction and only takes a quick glance to see where you are going next and has a built in speedo so I only needed to glance down briefly the once for direction and speed checks combined.

ses310

I like the idea but the price is well off! Mine is mounted just above the clocks, don’t even have to move my head just eyes

Radar

Wasn’t there a bloce who went on the BBC show Dragons Den with a proposal for a lid with a built in windscreen wiper?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.