Bike sold – New toy? :)

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Bike sold – New toy? :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    LeviathanRan
    Participant

[:D]

Yeah ’tis true my bike is down at the local bike dealers waiting to be signed over.

Because of the economy I’ve lost out on a lot of money for my bike, last year they sold for £2499 and that’s when I got mine.

This year’s model is only £1999 so I have lost a clear £500 on the bikes value.

Even though my bike is only a year old and has 20 miles on the clock, it needs a new tank, gear shift (its bent but only slightly Brake fluid housing is chipped and needs replacing, and the end can is scratched to buggery and dented and needs replacing.

So considering the repair costs to get the bike looking its age, I think the price I was given for the bike was fair, yes I could have gotten more if I sold private, but at the end of the day I just want rid of the bike and a fair sum for it, which is what I’ve gotten. £1,000.

The dealer will only make maybe £200-£300 profits after it’s repaired since he’s got one for sale brand new at £1999 in grey 06 models.
    So after paying me a £1,000 for the bike, paying for a new tank (which it will need because the dent is quite big) not to mention all the money he will need to spend on fitting the new end can and what have you he will probably sell it off at £1600, which doesn’t bother me in the slightest as long as I get a fair deal and a decent bike out of it all.

So it’s in for part-ex, what will I get you ask? With 1k credit and over £1100 in the kitty that leaves me with quite a choice of machines, the list being…(this is just a few of them by the way)

Kawasaki ER500 (1997) £1200 (Really interested in this one)
    Kawasaki GPZ305 J reg £999 (Meh… nice but a bit old and what have you)
    Honda CBX250 C reg £999
    Honda FT500 X reg £999 (again, Nice but a little old and dated)
    Honda CBR600F (1991) £1399
    Suzuki GSX750EF C reg £1499
    Yamaha FZR600 M reg £1999
    Suzuki GSX750F N reg £1999
    Suzuki DR350S only 8962 miles R reg £1699
    Kawasaki GPZ500S in red very tidy bike t reg £1799 (Me want :) )
    Honda CBF600 Hornet in red r reg £1799 (yum yum :))

All the bikes are in fantastic shape so I’m spoilt for choice really :)

Radar

GPZ500 or FZR600 from that lot.

Don’t touch GPz305, CBX250 or FT500 with a barge pole

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Will stay clear of that lot then matey :)

sid
    Participant

i think youre quite tall right?
    and at your age will get mullered for insurance,
    i’d say go for the dr 350 for a year then see what ya fancy

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by sid

i think youre quite tall right?
    and at your age will get mullered for insurance,
    i’d say go for the dr 350 for a year then see what ya fancy

Not bad advice, I had forgot about the age thing.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

20 At the moment :D But I don’t really like the DR, not that I don’t see the logic behind that choice, but you know as well as anyone else, that we buy what we love, not what’s logical.

sid
    Participant

you can have a lot of dirty fun on the DR but like you say the eye buys it not logic

Digger
    Participant

I`d go for the hornet mate.There bullet proof and are a great bike for the twisties if you wanted to,they have the detuned cbr 600 engine in and blade wheels….you`ll be supprised on the insurance too.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

I`d go for the hornet mate.There bullet proof and are a great bike for the twisties if you wanted to,they have the detuned cbr 600 engine in and blade wheels….you`ll be supprised on the insurance too.

Hornets are good fun to ride, tried one a few years ago

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Hornet is a favorite as well :)

GSX Rat
    Participant

if i’d lost a grand and half on a bike in a year i’d be chucking a petrol bomb thru his window never mind being happy to buy something else off him..

Seriously, he’s taking you for a c*nt – you can get a better deal than that off him, walk in with cash and YOU tell HIM what you are going to pay for something, most places will knock £500 off without batting an eyelid, and you can get better than that.
    Dont part ex, get it repaired and sell it private, you’ll be far better off.

Just my opinion…..

LeviathanRan
    Participant

i’ve looked at the second hand market for my bike, there’s brand new 06 models that are only a few months old going for £1450 that are in better condition than mine are.
    I wouldnn’t be THAT much better off.

GSF K1
    Participant

I really recommend the GPZ500’s. Solid, cheap to insure and engines built to last.. They only stopped making them two years ago (or was it last year??), so loads of parts available new & second hand. Theres some cracking examples on ebay for good money.
    If you only want something to get a few years experience and build up the no-claims bonus before going up a few gears, I’d really recommend.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I want the gpz :D but I want to talk the price down first.

GSF K1
    Participant

I shouldnt think youd have much trouble knocking off 1-2 hundred on a T reg if you’re holding cash!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.