Ashby Folville – Bike Nights canned….the beginning of the end?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Ashby Folville – Bike Nights canned….the beginning of the end?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Radar

A halt has been called to the large bike (and car) meet at Ashby Folville in Leicestershire. Apparently due to anti-social behaviour by a minority of those attending. It used to held on the first Tuesday of the summer months

I went to this meet a few back and it was awsome, the range of veteran, classic, sports and super cars/bikes was amazing.

Does this have implications for other meets around the country, like Bassets Pole up here in the midlands for example?

ses310

Hope not, not that I’ve been to one for a long time

Radar

Hope not, not that I’ve been to one for a long time

I have not been to any of the big evening bike meets for a couple of years, but it would be a shame to see them curtailed. I love seeing so many interesting bikes (and cars) and having a bit of banter with like minded petrol heads

Gordy
    Participant

No need to panic I think. Around here (just south of Oxford) things seem stable with the local regular meet (mind you, it’s at a café and not a pub!) The average age of motorcyclists seems to be rising, with the vast majority being very social. [ They even talk to me when I’m in a car :) ]

Radar

Most of the evening meets are wrapping up for the summer now as autumn really gets a grip. Still a reasonable turn out at my local on Sunday when I wondered up there on the RD

Gordy
    Participant

Yup, love early Sept., but sure does give way quickly to early dark nights and foggy mornings. (I’m sure ‘wandering’ never appeared in the Yam engineering specification for the RD!)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

The average age of motorcyclists seems to be rising, with the vast majority being very social. [ They even talk to me when I’m in a car :) ]

I think these guys wanted to have a chat with the car driver too:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5klC6Xatd14[/youtube]

Seriously though, I don’t know why folks can’t get along no matter what they ride or drive.  Seems completely bizarre to me.

Radar

We have been having a bit of a debate about this already

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/shades-of-mad-max-in-real-life/

HippoDrones
    Participant

imo the bikers there were out of order…. driver should not have riled them but they raised the threat level… driver just tried to survive

Scouser
    Participant

I don’t remember the roads to Ashby Folville being like that?

I think he just panicked cos he had his wife and daughter in the car, he was also Chinese so he made the wong decision :P

Radar

The big meet at the Waterman near Warwick has been stopped too, packed in last year…although that has more to do with the venue turning into a gastro pub

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.