A537 Buxton to Macclesfield

Home Forums Great biking roads A537 Buxton to Macclesfield

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

A515 to Yoxal to Buxton, have mentioned this road before but today a lot better, no rain, dry tarmac….nice, and the A537….wow. Mostly known as Cat & Fiddle run. Fantastic road but can see why its one of the most dangerous. Its not so much the twisties but the surface on some of the twisties. This really is a road to chuck the bike around sharp bends but beware, some of those bends have really bad surface….loose grit/gravel, pot holes and banding, odd camber. Best to get familiar with the road before strutting yer stuff![;)] Fantastic![:D]

Oh and Radar….there was an RD350YPVS at the Cat & Fiddle pub in lovely condition. Took some pics but accidently wiped them when instructed a friend how to use my camera to take pics of me when I went kneesliding later in this afternoon.[V]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

Sounds like you had fun!

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

Yeah I did but was alot of traffic. It did slow me down but probably for the best, get to know the road etc and engine had a real good hammering on A515. Want to do this road again later in the year, get there early before traffic and then have some REAL fun!!!![;)][:D]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Digger
    Participant

Gix I done the Cat & Fiddle last night and wow what a rush.There was no traffic and the road was clear of any crap.Mostly stayed in 2nd as there is hardly any straights,really had to work the bike,the corners come up so quick.You can see alot of the road and if there is no oncoming traffic then you can use all the road to exit….must do it again,mind you it would have to be a thursday as last night was very quiet.There were 6 of us-3 R1`S new CBR1O00RR R6 and a young lad on a GSXR 400,the cats eyes are a pain though.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

Yeah its a great road, better now they have done some work on the surface, was nearly as bad as Snake Pass before![:0]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.