A Gatso question…..

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe A Gatso question…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    delticman
    Participant

I can remember being told several years ago, that if a Gatso flashes once, you won’t get done, because one foto doesn’t record the distance between two lots of the road markings.
    Well, here’s a question I kinda need answering re Gatsos….
    I was whizzin around the Scottish borders one day last week, and as I approached a Gatso lined up for traffic in the OPPOSITE direction (was doing about 15 over the limit for the road), it flashed at ME! I want to not only know why that happened, but also wanna warn you lot out there who drive cars! Think about it, a car has (should have) a number plate on the front, so you could get done! BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

rocketRichy
    Participant

Its happened to me a few times. I think its just a defect with the camera to be honest, or maybe its copped a bird flying within its scanning area.

Standard gatsos do have flash twice and I dont think one of those would be able to prosecute someone travelling towards them even if it flashed twice, although some of the later speed cameras are foward facing (and dont flash at all).

Hope that helps

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

Gix
    Participant

usually means there is no film….

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

Digger
    Participant

I got flashed once while driving but as I slowed down to take a better look,she put them back in.

Take it easy out there

speedy claire
    Participant

pmsl…….. I actually did get flashed at once in the car park at Bootle New Strand. I just stared and told him if that was all he had then I wouldn`t be showing anyone and to put it back quickly before I started laughing!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Nice one speedy, My mum saw a flasher once, she came indoors out of breath, where she had been running to get away, she was really shocked, after explaining what happened, she said “yeah but you should have seen the size of it!” She laughed after realising what she had just said!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

How come no one ever does that to me? [:0][:o)]

waits for the “respect for the cloth” jokes to start…..

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

If it makes you feel any better Gix no one has done it to me either.

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.