2007 Triumph Tiger

Home Forums British beef 2007 Triumph Tiger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Just seen a review of the Triumph Tiger for 2007 with a 1050cc and trick new styling. Looks like Triumph have another hit on their hands..

Couldn’t find any pictures on the web to link to, but it does look superb.

Mike
    Participant

I got to ride the Tiger a few weeks a go whilst my Sprint was in at Windy Corner. Started talking to Roger about the new Tiger and as I had about an hour to kill he chucked me the keys to the demo and told me to take it for a spin.

Having never ridden that style of bike before I was immediately aware of how upright the sitting position was and how high up I was (Only just got my feet flat on the floor). Riding was a revelation. The high wide bars made it a doddle tipping the bike into corners and the long travel USD forks soaked up bumps and gave great feedback. Very confidence inspiring and within a couple of miles I was really throwing her around.

As expected, I got buffeted by cross winds, but was amazed at the effectiveness of the screen. At 95 I was cocooned in a pocket of still air and at 6 foot 4 didn’t even have my helmet in the air stream

The Tiger has the same 1050cc engine as the Sprint although this is a detuned engine that is surprisingly down on both Torque and Horsepower. However, this increases the tank range to over 200 miles and the front still lifts when you give it a fist full. The seat is wide and very comfortable, I can imagine being able to sit on this all day with ease.

Overall I was really impressed with the entire bike. Impressed enough to draw me away from the Sprint? No, but had it had the full ‘on-song’ 1050 engine from the Speed Triple then I would be sorely tempted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.