Zetta 300 (1997) Now with pictures!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Bike engined cars Zetta 300 (1997) Now with pictures!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Radar

A mate at work gave me some old car and bike mags today. Amongst was a 1997 edition of Kit Car. Featured was a kit called a Zetta 300 which is styled as per the 1950’s BMW bubble car. The engine? Honda CB250N Superdream! I don’t think you a going to be taking on V8 Busa’s with this thing!
    Might be a bit more fun with a GPz500 or RD350 YPVS engine though!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow what a waste of a good idea. Any pictures of it Radar?

Radar

https://www.tri-techautocraft.co.uk/zetfp.htm

Now with a 250cc scooter power pack

Radar

Some more info on the Zetta

image2574.jpg

Thanks go to Alan Doherty for these photos of his Tri-Tech Zetta. Alan writes:

.. In the background is our other Micro Car – a new Siecento Sporting. Unfortunately the pics don’t show my Bond Bug which is also parked in the driveway, but does show our other (not so micro car) Hyundai Coupe 2.7V6. My car is a factory built example. It was built in 1997, is finished in VW Tornado Red and is fitted with a Honda CRB 250 4 Cylinder, water cooled engine, mated to a 6 speed sequential gearbox. The quality and finish of these little cars is superb, and they drive wonderfully. The amount of attention it creates wherever I go adds at least an hour on to your journey time!

It also has a heater and a stereo system, and groovy Chrome Headlamp peaks. I bought the car in Cambridge and drove it via the M6 to Heysham (nr Blackpool), in 1 day where we tansported it home via Seacat to Northern Ireland.

Since the photos, I’ve changed the mini-lite wheels back to cream painted steel wheels with chrome hub caps, as the wide alloys made the car follow tramlines in the road (which could be quite scary!). Its also now been fitted with original Isetta 300 door badges, original Isetta Mudflaps and Aluminium Splash guards, all obtained from Germany. The last job I want to do before Im completely happy with the car is change the Grey PVC Seats to Green Tratan, just like and original. Is this the only Zetta in Ireland???

HippoDrones
    Participant

how cool is that! :D :D :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.