Zero tolerance pay back!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Zero tolerance pay back!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

A former police officer dubbed Robocop for his zero-tolerance approach to crime has been clocked doing 75mph in a 50mph zone on the M6.

Ray Mallon, who is now Mayor of Middlesbrough, was caught by the speed camera as he drove through a section of road works on the motorway three weeks ago.

The former detective superintendent said he would pay the £60 fine and accept the three penalty points on his licence.
    He told The Northern Echo: “I could have appealed against the fine because the warning sign was not lit up, which by law it has to be.
    “But everyone makes mistakes and I just accepted it. It is the first time I have had any endorsements on my licence and I thought I should just pay the £60 fine – it’s just one of those things.”
    While head of CID in Middlesbrough Mr Mallon pioneered zero-tolerance policing in Britain.

He quit Cleveland Police two years ago to stand for election as Mayor of Middlesbrough after being suspended during the long-running Operation Lancet inquiry.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.