Yesterday’s Steam Rally!!

Home Forums Rat bikes Yesterday’s Steam Rally!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Urban Terrorist
    Participant

A few of us from the RatBikeZone message board rode down (and across in some cases!!) to Redbourn for a steam rally. We met in Redbourn High Street, and it was like the Wild One!! curtain’s twitching, and old grannies peeping out of shop doorways!!

Strangely, as we were leaving the High Street, my front brake locked on!! After a few seconds and a bit of smoke from the rear wheel, the brake released itself!! No idea why it keeps doing that!!

The show itself was quite quiet, mainly due to the rain. There were about 5 classic bikes, including a nice 1928 Sunbeam, with the old gas lamps!! We had 6 bikes, and then we got asked to ride around the arena!! Needless to say, we are all quite supprised no-one fell off!! Wet grass+ powerful bikes+ a few nutters = wheelspinning!!!

Christ, and this is a first, we were asked back next year!! Usually get told never to come back!!

The pics I took can be found here:
    https://hatfieldratpack.fotopic.net/c227727.html

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

Well the bikes certainly seemed to be attracting a few customers, going by the photos. My bikes have the same tendancy to lock the front wheel, although another symptom i have noticed is the throttle jamming itself wide open in first gear – is this the same problem you are experiencing?

Invited back – now there is a thing, gotta try to make it next year then, bigger and better and all that!

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

Trouble is I always seem to go up through the gears as well, it’s like some strange reaction!!!

Yeah, we’ll have to make it better next year!!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

steamed_rats.jpg

GSX Rat
    Participant

Whos who UT?

BTW – this video you were talking about over on ratbikezone, what sort of footage are you after? If i can find it i’ll post a link too a little tank cam footage as well as some other rubbish from when i mounted a laptop and cam on the bike LOL but quality sucks! I assume your going to want vcd / vhs quality at least yes? but hopefully in the near future i’m going to be getting a new camcorder (good old insurance!) so will be able to shoot a little…

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

O.K, starting from the left: White t-shirt under jacket, belive is Ian, next to him with long hair, Rex. Sitting on Thunderdog goldwing with sidecar is SneakyPete and the young lad in red is Pete’s son.Guy on the far right(am I allowed to say that these days?!!!) with ginger hair is Mouse, and the yobbo with no hair and cut-off is me!! Chris was just alittle too far-right(lol!!) to be in shot!!

As for the vid, I’ve only got a old Samsung 8mm camcorder, so my quality isn’t too great. We’ll no-doubt take a while to get together plenty of footage. I’ll look at anything you have and we’ll go from there. It’s a ratbike vid anyway, we expect things to be bodged!!!

Radar

Great pictures.

Question: Does a bike HAVE to be matt black to count as a RAT??

GSX Rat
    Participant

Well, i would say “no, but it helps!”

Take a look at some of the pictures at the ratbikezone:

https://www.ratbike.org/

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

No, a certain person from the ratbikezone road around on a shiny green bmw for a while!!

No, a rat does not need to be matt black, it’s just become the norm I guess.

Damn, ratbikes are conforming!!!!!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

Yeah, but look what happened to it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.