Winter Hack – Choices

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Winter Hack – Choices

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Do I get:

1. Another 550 Zephyr
    2. A Kwack ZR7
    3. Suzuki SV650
    4. Old dirt bike
    5. New chinese 125

???????????????

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I think the SV would suit you sir.

HippoDrones
    Participant

What about a Honda CRF 230 f, they are good enough to green Lane with and also are a little lower iirc than a lot of the other dirt bikes.

Radar

What about a Honda CRF 230 f, they are good enough to green Lane with and also are a little lower iirc than a lot of the other dirt bikes.

Oddly enough I used one of these when I did the off roading course in Wales back in 2014, did you see the review of the bike I penned at the time?

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/honda-crf230l-review-and-pictures/

Only trouble they are hard to find in decent nick and can attract thieves, as can all dirt bikes to be honest.

Good shout though Pete

Radar

I think the SV would suit you sir.

Quite like the idea of the naked one. Cheap and simple fun

elessimo
    Participant

Agreed! You need a little trail bike for more fun  ;D
    In fact, we all need one! More bhp & electronics is not the way to go on our crowded roads….    8)

Radar

Agreed! You need a little trail bike for more fun  ;D
    In fact, we all need one! More bhp & electronics is not the way to go on our crowded roads….    8)

I did really enjoy the CRF but they are so hard to find

elessimo
    Participant

Does anyone know of any other low-ish trail bikes for Radar and the rest of us short-arses?

Or will we have to learn to ride like the trail goddess Marianne? (Bet her legs are shorter than yours, Radar)  8) ;D

Radar

Does anyone know of any other low-ish trail bikes for Radar and the rest of us short-arses?

Or will we have to learn to ride like the trail goddess Marianne? (Bet her legs are shorter than yours, Radar)  8) ;D

Only snails have shorter legs than me

HippoDrones
    Participant

What about the Beta ALP 4.0?

https://www.betamotor.com/en/alp/bikes/alp-4-0-2

I was very tempted myself but I think they have stopped it now but they are a very popular dual sport bike as home off the road as on it.

I may keep my ear to the ground regarding it’s successor if there is one…. these Euro 4 rules have made a mess of the bike choices available to us!

HippoDrones
    Participant
    Radar
    Radar

https://www.rustsports.com/metal/beta/2018-beta-alps_1304.html

They look pretty good, cheers for the link

This what I am looking right now, might even go and take a gander on Saturday

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-ZR7-ZR-7-Z750-2001-LOW-MILEAGE-SUPERB-FULLY-SERVICED-CAN-DELIVER/352234275169?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I have now found one local to me, and hope to go and look at that one

HippoDrones
    Participant

Can’t wait to see what you go for! :-)

Radar

Test rode a 1999 Kawasaki ZR7 that is for sale locally to me. Great bike to ride, very smooth and goes well. I am having a ponder for a couple of days, I think it is more than I want to pay for a ‘hack’ bike. Hmmmm…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.