What lube

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted What lube

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any recommendations for chain lube that doesn’t fling off. Need it on my O-ring chain.

Radar

Many anti-fling lubes on the market, but one tip is to apply the lube and leave it for several hours before riding the bike. For example, lube the chain in the evening ready for use the next morning.

Hope this helps.

cookeye
    Participant

Ride your bike to warm chain,then do as Radar says
    HTH
    cookeye
    [;)]

https://groups.msn.com/cookeyespics go on have a look

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I remember years ago there was a hot bath product that you could buy, where the chain was removed and sunk into this warm gooey mixture. People raved about it at the time but I haven’t seen it since. Any ideas what it was called?

cookeye
    Participant

LINK LIFE
    Me mum loved it!
    BUT LIKE JASPER CARROT SAID!
    me mom wont let me fix it in the kitchen so i gota fix it in da garden,man that shit stunk.
    cookeye
    [;)]

https://groups.msn.com/cookeyespics go on have a look

GSX Rat
    Participant

Bear in mind this reply is from a rat biker before flinging arms about in disgust!

The best thing to use is a thick black treacle like grease called black moly (molybednum or something like to give it its correct title) , sticks like the proverbial s**t to a blanket, however you get it on your hands, clothes, leathers whatever it aint gonna come off so be careful.
    Otherwise, as long as youre using a cheap chain not one of them fancy plastic o ring types, get an old saucepan, put it on the stove, fill with heavy gearbox oil and drop chain in. Boil for half an hour or so, let it go cold, remove and wipe of xs oil and refit.

GSX750 Ratfighter / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.