What got you into rat bikes?

Home Forums Rat bikes What got you into rat bikes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Urban Terrorist
    Participant

At ten yrs old I watched Mad Max 2 for the first time!! Went out and sprayed me push bike matt black the same day and started popping wheelies on it!! After a few yrs I found out that the rider(Wez) was a faggot!! Once at secondary school, I made friends with Donald, a despatch rider in London who rode a couple of rats and his friends. Then of course I say this Lovely example!!
    bike2.jpg

Around this time I learned of Andy Sparrows Bloodrunners as well!!!

So my dream rat is a hub centred steered Yamaha GTS1000, katana styling with a GSXR1100 turbo with nitrous!!!

More than 2-strokes is masturbation!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

Was that yours? – i remember seeing that in AWOL a few years ago and thinking at the time i wanted it. I got into ratbiking partly through the mad max movies – got a lot to answer for they have! , and also because i dont like spending cash unnecessarily on bikes (you know, shiny bolt on stuff and that) and also because i really cant be bothered to clean it afterwards, some of the guys i ride with insist on getting home from a run and then cleaning and polishing for the next hour / 2 hours , i’d rather have another 2 hours in the saddle! I’ve always liked the look too, i mean the example above looks far better to me than any of that polished hardly ridden plastic crap that seems to be all over the roads these days. the added bonus is that they are socially unacceptable, you know when you turn up at a bike meet and all the plastic fantastic crowd look down their noses at you, but at least i can say mine cost me a couple of hundred, they’re looking at 5 grand! Also, the really annoying thing is EVERYONE stops to look at it, they might rubbish it or whatever but they all look, something different from the line of clones parked up…

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

I wish it was mine!! Wouldn’t be messing about with a 125 then!!

It’son the ratbikezone, do a search for changling. The guy used to dispatch on it!!

GSX Rat
    Participant

was he the same guy who had the turbo, think it was a z or zzr that had an industrial gate valve as the wastegate, i can remember seeing that too and he was a dispatch rider in london.

Urban Terrorist
    Participant

No, that was the Changling!! It’s a GSX1135 with turbo!!
    trailer.jpg
    Here’s the page on the RatBikeZone:
    https://ratbike.org/docs/194.php

GSX Rat
    Participant

could have sworn they were 2 different bikes, either way i want one!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Just love that valve! And you can reach it from the seat!!

Marsha67
    Participant

Never had a rat bike as such but a few of mine were quite rough. I think that a quick once-over with GSX’s blackboard paint could only have helped.
    Do like the look of that one in the picture above.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.