‘V’ sign cost driver £400

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras ‘V’ sign cost driver £400

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

A ‘fustrated’ Tamworth driver who made ‘V’ signs at a speed trap has been fined £400.
    Simon Bonfield gestured with both hands at the same time, unaware that he was being caught on camera.
    A full frontal photogragh capturing the incident sealed his fate and he was charged with driving without due care and attention.
    The twenty three year old pleaded guilty to the offence when he appeared before town magistrates. Handing the photo to the bench, prosecutor Mr John Peel said it clearly showed Bonfield with both hands simultaneuosly off the steering wheel, making ‘V’ signs at a police operated speed detector van.
    Apologising to th magistrate, Bonfield told them: “It was just a bit of frustration on my part. I wasn’t aware of anyone being in the van.”
    He was fined £400 and ordered to pay £35 costs.

He He. So remember, next time you flick the ‘V’ or finger to coppers or camera’s, make sure you use just one hand to do so! He He.

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I’d have claimed that the second hand in the photo was a Marigold glove tied to my willy or something like that. Just to get off the fine of course, that sort of thing doesn’t go on in my car really…(Ahem)

GSX Rat
    Participant

You’ve got rid of the rubber chicken then LOL

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

He he. I think the magistrates would have been very interested to hear about the marigold!

Rebel with a cause!

The roads are my race track!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.