unimotorcycle

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted unimotorcycle

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GSX Rat
    Participant

anyone got any links to sites regarding unimotorcycles, i have seen a couple from the us but links to anyone racing in this country as well as build info appreciated. Now my yammy runaround rats on the road, the cubs been retired and had a chop job (front end) and i want to finish it, sorta properly and then race it! Yeah, you might not see it but imagine a big ski out the back and handlebars on the top!!!

before.jpg
    after.jpg

GSX750 Ratfighter / SR125 Rat / GSX600F / Beamish250 / Honda70 Rat

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Now you’re talking. And why stop at small engines, surely it’s more fun with a big one?

PS I love your photos, Hooly. The stuff in the background keeps me wondering for hours!

GSX Rat
    Participant

I would imagine it would be more fun with big engines but that would involve buying one! , if it turns out to be mucho funno with this project then maybe an old cx500 engine or something else cheap may be called into play!!!!

What stuff in the background! ,they’re all projects – either past, present or future!

SneakyPete
    Participant

London UniMotorcycle Pilots – LUMPs were among the pioneers of Unimotorcycle racing in the UK ten years ago. Amongst our stable of racers was a 250 Dream with hand shift – 70mph & no brakes!, possibly the smallest uni- a Honda melody twist and go, and also another first – a ‘Uni-Trike’

The Uni-Trike was Goldwing powered three seater with shaft drive to a car rear axle – no front forks or wheel – the riders counter balanced the engine, front man was throttle, with offside rear wheelman steering, A joystick attached to the rear handbrake cable supplied brake steer – 90 degree turns at 50mph a proven result!

The only survivor today is the Twist and go – last raced at the Funky Moped Grass Track last year.

If yo want to see footage of 50mph on a Uni – see http://www.hoop.org.uk/racer.MPG or http://www.hoop.org.uk/trik.MPG for the trike – you’ll need Quicktime or RealPlayer to view. Copy these links into your browser don’t link directly or try right click/save as and stick on your hard drive.

Let me know what you reckon!

Matt Black and no other

GSX Rat
    Participant

That trike is mad as a box of weasels!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice links Sneaky. They really are mad vids!

And as for the Superdream with a strange gearchange and no brakes, didn’t Honda build a few thousand of them?

Bunko Bob
    Participant

A great site to enter the world of unimotorcycles is http://www.geocities.com/unimotorcycle/SIDECAR-WILLY.html

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice link Bob, looks like a fun sport. Now where did I put that aircraft engine?

GSX Rat
    Participant

Now this is just getting silly Bunko!

I really really want one……

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.