Two dead: new road gets speed cameras

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Two dead: new road gets speed cameras

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

MOBILE speed cameras are to be introduced on the new stretch of the A120 between Stansted and Braintree after some motorists were clocked driving at over 120mph.

Two people have died and two others seriously injured in accidents on the road, which has only been fully open since last July.

The Essex Safety Camera Partnership is to start operating the mobile cameras from marked vans on bridges over the road in a bid to reduce the chances of similar crashes.

Bocking road policing unit commander Inspector Mark Harman said: “The deployment of camera enforcement on this route is purely as a result of the outrageous speeds we are detecting each and every day.

“These speeds have already contributed to two deaths and I don’t want to see any more.”

He added: “If drivers can’t recognise the danger themselves and behave responsibly on this new road, then enforcement and the removal of driving licences is the only answer.”

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

XV16
    Participant

quote:

He added: “If drivers can’t recognise the danger themselves and behave responsibly on this new road, then enforcement and the removal of driving licences is the only answer.”

Only answer…So there is a god!!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.