Twisted Iron …The Happening Custom Bike Show 15th 16th September

Home Forums Meetings and events Twisted Iron …The Happening Custom Bike Show 15th 16th September

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Radar

The rather excellent custom show will be taking place again this year, some fantastic bikes will be on display including my own Cafe Racer!

36952004552_b9fa4673b2_b.jpg

I will be there the whole weekend, it would great to see some of you there too!

More details here

https://www.twistediron.co.uk/copy-of-the-happening

and here

https://www.facebook.com/TwistedIronTheHappening/

HippoDrones
    Participant

Enjoy the show Don, not gonna be able to get up to it myself.

Radar

Enjoy the show Don, not gonna be able to get up to it myself.

No worries Pete, I will post up a few words and pics about the day

HippoDrones
    Participant

cool, look forward to it :)

Radar

Here is the YouTube TV channel ‘On Yer Bike’ reporting on The Happening….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNt4Yx4dMxU

HippoDrones
    Participant

great to see your bike taking center stage mate! :)

Radar

I was surprised how much attention it got up against some pretty radical customs, really amazing few months with my little 550

HippoDrones
    Participant

how are you finding living with a custom bike? It has changed me, I’ve become precious about mine! lol :D

Radar

how are you finding living with a custom bike? It has changed me, I’ve become precious about mine! lol :D

So far it has been very interesting. Some problems that linger from the 550’s stint as my winter hack remain. The wiring needs work, nothing to do with the build, it was issue we saw on the build day. Also I am still have problems with fuel and carbs. Again a carryover problem. So need to sort those out over winter. Might fit new clutch plates too.

As riding experience the bike is utterly transformed from mild mannered Clark Kent into Superman…it feels so much more fun to ride. It also gets loads of attention, which I am happy about. I have become so much more precious about, so much so that I now need a new general hack! I was looking at a CBX750 on ebay tonight!

More jobs for the winter include improving the seat location so it is easier to get on and off, and I nned a better mounting for the rear brake reservoir too.

But from a conversation over a cuppa at work the whole experience has been amazing…the four hour build, the Youtube TV programme, my first bike show…

We need to get our bikes together and get Spazk to take some pics!

HippoDrones
    Participant

That would be awesome, she is currently still editing the shoot we did. I think it will only have a couple of images but they should be amazing! :-)

Radar

That would be awesome, she is currently still editing the shoot we did. I think it will only have a couple of images but they should be amazing! :-)

One for next summer, look forward to seeing the pictures from this batch too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.