Triumph Speed Triple (2011) A Bulldog of Bike – Review

Home Forums British beef Triumph Speed Triple (2011) A Bulldog of Bike – Review

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Radar

This post has been moved to here

HippoDrones
    Participant

I loved my early 1050 Speedtriple, cracking bike but could have done with 10-20bhp more…. which I think the new one does (on paper anyhows)

HippoDrones
    Participant

was this the “R” or just the std version?

Radar

was this the “R” or just the std version?

It was the standard version

Radar

Petes 06 model review here:

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/triumph-speed-triple-2006-review/

Sadly the pictures have gone from that now

Radar

Quote from the owner of the 2011 model

‘One would have to agree with your comments Radar, it was set up way to hard for my liking & that was one of the main reasons I swapped it, we had good fun together for a couple of years tho

robertcains
    Participant

Aye the standard version it was, I had the R version as a loan bike whilst it was in for service & apart from some minor cosmetic tweaks it was virtually the same bike, how they can justify another couple of grand for basically updated brakes & suspension is beyond me, however upon saying that the ride was much softer & improved on the R.
    Having now swapped it for a machine of a similar ilk, The Z1000 I can say the harshness & bite of the Trumpet was mega fun but that the novelty soon wore off, The Z seems so much better in almost every area except fuel economy.
    A very fair & honest write up Tony.

HippoDrones
    Participant

if you look at the cost of Ohlins suspension, Brembo monoblock calipers and lighter wheels as an aftermarket purchase you will see where the money goes!

Just a pair of wheels can cost almost £2k, guessing close on £1k for the brakes and poss £2.5k for the suspension.

Radar

if you look at the cost of Ohlins suspension, Brembo monoblock calipers and lighter wheels as an aftermarket purchase you will see where the money goes!

Just a pair of wheels can cost almost £2k, guessing close on £1k for the brakes and poss £2.5k for the suspension.

Very true, but the extra cost to Triumph would be a fraction of that. This is a good way of earning extra profit and fair play to Triumph for doing it. Good to see a British manufacturer doing well

robertcains
    Participant

And don’t forgetting deduct the value of the original parts being replaced, I know of a few potential owners who balked at the price of the R so walked away.

Radar

And don’t forgetting deduct the value of the original parts being replaced, I know of a few potential owners who balked at the price of the R so walked away.

Good point. This practice is widespread in the car industry, especially the premium German brands. Some of the sharper bike manufacturers have caught on too like Triumph and BMW. Harley Davidson are past masters at it with their old ‘Screaming Eagle’ branded upgrades that can really hike up the price of a bike from a attractively low starting point

robertcains
    Participant

I have to admit to the Triumph dealers I have dealt with haven’t given me a great experience either, seems a fairly widespread view reading comments online,
    My local Kwak dealer have been superb do far but it’s early days yet.

Radar

I have to admit to the Triumph dealers I have dealt with haven’t given me a great experience either, seems a fairly widespread view reading comments online,
    My local Kwak dealer have been superb do far but it’s early days yet.

Thats not good to hear about  the Triumph dealers….ifitisthat widespread they could do with getting that sorted. They are doing well at the moment,but that could soon change

Radar

Wow  nine since I rode this butch triple Triumph

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.