trailer brakes

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted trailer brakes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GSX Rat
    Participant

Just wondering whether anyone knew the legal situation with brakes on a trailer. I’ve got an old independant suspension braked caravan chassis that i’ve chopped down, welded side posts and a front box to and boarded out the bottom with floorboards so that i can carry 2, sometimes 3 superdreams to the beach. One of the braked hubs is seized and obviously it will be easier just to gas axe the whole lot off rather than mess about freeing it off but i was wondering how i stand if either i get stopped, or if it drops off the hitch with no brakes?

Also, i intend to use a truck tyre cut in half and bolted on for the mudguards, durable and cheap – again, can you see any problems with that?

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Christina
    Participant

The requirements for brakes depend on the weight of the trailer. You should find everything you need at the department for transport website with this link.

https://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_roads/documents/page/dft_roads_506866.hcsp

GSX Rat
    Participant

Thanks, that sort of confirmed what i thought – out with the gas axe tomorrow!!!

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.