Home › Forums › BikeMeet Cafe › Top Ten/Bottom Ten
- This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 11 months ago by barmy_carmy.
June 16, 2003 at 1:04 am #8322
Just my opinion, for what little it is worth…
My top 10 Great Bikes
1. Yamaha RD350YPVS – best bike I ever had, pure fun.
2. Yamaha RD500YPVS – best bike I never had, go bang at 20k apparently
3. Vincent Black Shadow – Do I need to explain?
4. Ducati 916 – The best looking bike ever? Pity I’m too fat to fit on one properly!
5. Triumph Bonnerville (Proper one…)- Just look cool and sound lovely
6. Honda C90 – 20 million people can’t be wrong – can they?
7. Honda CBR900R Fireblade – Wild and still amongst the best.
8. Suzuki RG500 – Just nutz!!
9. Honda RC30 – Engineering on wheels – looks stunning, sounds spine tingling.
10. Mot Guzzi LeMans – Blunt instrument, but beautiful somehow, rode a V years ago and loved it.
What is everybody else’s top 10?
My worst 10 bikes
1. Kawasaki KH250 – The worst bike I ever had the misfortune to own, but was sweet for the few seconds it would run Ok. Buy an RD!!
2. Honda Goldwing (especially the 1800)- Just not my “thing”
3. Most Harleys (Except XR models)- I don’t “get” the whole Harley thing, I am sorry. Can I still go to Daytona?
4. Aprilla 6.5 – Just horrible.
5. Suzuki LS650 Savage – why?
6. BMW K1200LT – Too big, too bank manager…
7. Kawasaki Z750 Twin – How could the people who gave us the Z900 do this?
8. Honda CJ360T – After the CB450 Blak Bomber this was just a bad bike.
9. Norton F1 – Not the racer – which was just awesome, but the overpriced road bike.
10. Ariel 3 – Funny, but wierd.
Sorry if I have upset anyone. In reality there is no such thing as a bad bike, just levels of good!
What is everybody else’s worst 10?February 8, 2004 at 9:42 am #16555
Any thoughts..?February 8, 2004 at 10:55 pm #16556mattzappaParticipant
No mention of a Norton, shame on you, my mates swear by the Honda XL 125, country lads bike.February 9, 2004 at 12:04 am #16557
I mentioned one in worst bikes, what more do you want?!September 19, 2004 at 10:42 pm #16558
Any more views on this one???
Donate – it makes you feel good!
September 20, 2004 at 10:24 pm #16559XV16Participant
Not in any particular order..
1 Yam XS1100
2 Kawa Z900
3 Suzi GS850
4 Suzi GS1000
5 Honda CB750 Four
6 Yam R1
7 Yam FZRs (sexiest looking modern bike by far)
8 Honda CB250 Dream
9 Kawa Z13 (naked)
10 Yam XV16
1 BMW (all of em)
2 Honda CB250N
3 Yam Virago
4 Honda Goldwings
5 That thing with a roof on!
6 and it must be said,, HDs
7 My old XS650 (will never forget that one, shame it was a yam)
Can’t think of any others, nothing personal folks.. As radar said “A bike is a bike.”
Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.
“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”April 25, 2005 at 10:38 pm #16560
Another old topic revisted…
Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!
April 26, 2005 at 10:22 pm #16561GSF K1Participant
Well I havent ridden many, but good:-
XBR500 (a real pig to handle)
To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!April 27, 2005 at 11:59 am #16562barmy_carmyParticipant
My favourite……….FZX 750!
I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.