This is tempting….cheap way into gentle green laning…

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road This is tempting….cheap way into gentle green laning…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Radar
    elessimo
    Participant

They’re offering a test ride – go for it Radar!

Though still too tall at 838mm seat height…..  :(

8)

HippoDrones
    Participant

it is pretty much the same seat height as a Kawasaki ZX636R and lots skinnier and lighter so shouldn’t be a problem. I’d be wary about the QC on a bike that cheap though.

Radar

They’re offering a test ride – go for it Radar!

8)

That is pretty tall. Test ride would be fun if they were closer. That Suzuki TS185 I heard about a few months ago is still for sale apparently…

Radar

it is pretty much the same seat height as a Kawasaki ZX636R and lots skinnier and lighter so shouldn’t be a problem. I’d be wary about the QC on a bike that cheap though.

I do think quality would be an issue, especially if you got carried away off road. Man it is cheap though!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Would be better off buying a 2nd hand DT125 if you could find a good one! :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

….. or even better a Kawasaki KMX 200, they are lots of fun! :-)

Radar

….. or even better a Kawasaki KMX 200, they are lots of fun! :-)

Might be back to the old seat height problem again!

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye but still a lot shorter than the current KTM enduro bikes! :-) and it does have soft suspension :D

Radar

aye but still a lot shorter than the current KTM enduro bikes! :-) and it does have soft suspension :D

Fair point.

I do fancy a dirt bike though and so much of the new stuff is simply too tall for me

HippoDrones
    Participant

100% agree, it is very daunting not being able to comfortably put a foot out to dab the bike upright if it slides away from you.

Radar

100% agree, it is very daunting not being able to comfortably put a foot out to dab the bike upright if it slides away from you.

The clossic stuff fits me fine, just modern stuff is a problem

HippoDrones
    Participant

That was a little flame that lit in the back of my head, but think my idea would be a flop, with the current fad in “scramblers” what about a classic supermoto? grab an old school enduro bike and fit trick suspenders, brakes and wheels?

…. the light was quickly diminished though as basically the old time scramblers were just lightened road bikes with knobbly tyres so they wouldn’t transcend into a supermoto very well.

All the modern “scramblers” are still heavy road bikes, just with pseudo off road pretensions so would be horrid as a sumo

HippoDrones
    Participant

now a stripped down TDM 250 with sorted suspenders and brakes could be a beast, but is a beast I couldn’t afford to do justice to I don’t think, at least not for another half decade lol

Radar

That was a little flame that lit in the back of my head, but think my idea would be a flop, with the current fad in “scramblers” what about a classic supermoto? grab an old school enduro bike and fit trick suspenders, brakes and wheels?

…. the light was quickly diminished though as basically the old time scramblers were just lightened road bikes with knobbly tyres so they wouldn’t transcend into a supermoto very well.

All the modern “scramblers” are still heavy road bikes, just with pseudo off road pretensions so would be horrid as a sumo

Interesting thought though Pete

You are right about the ‘factory’ scramblers too, the Triumph model looks the dogs, but it is a heavy old thing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.