The Sun Shone – Briefly….

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe The Sun Shone – Briefly….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Radar

So it was a wartime fighter pilot scramble again as I dashed to the Ducati and headed to my local bikers cafe for a cuppa to take advantage of brief window of sunshine. I had forgotten just how lovely my Ducati is to ride. There is one sequence of bends on the A442 as you head towards Kidderminster where the Duke is just deliciously easy to slice through the corners. Just fantastic. As usual the Cafe bike park threw some interesting machines…

IMG_20170312_114713652_zpszdac2r7f.jpg
    Late ‘proper’ Bonnie..interesting contrast to an early Hinckley built Trophy

IMG_20170312_115615772_zpsqmminyoy.jpg
    The Duke looking good in the sun

IMG_20170312_120903335_HDR_zpskynz1kmd.jpg
    Tidy ‘Baby Blade’

IMG_20170312_120953406_zpszgtlc6w1.jpg
    The beast…H2

IMG_20170312_120918483_zps5cd0fjvs.jpg
    But I would rather have this fabulous TZR

Must treat myself to another dirt bike outing

It was just good to out, however briefly!

elessimo
    Participant

Ditto – good to get some sun.

So good I took the TDM to Hereford for a deep clean and anti-corrosion treatment – it now gleams like new! Gabi the AYB guy has an MV 800, a Herald 125 and an old PK scooter (his first ever bike).
    The Yam is running really well: almost seems a shame to Ebay it, but it’s got to go….

After lunch it was the turn of the Explorers: with Debs as pillion and Jed on his red 2015 Tex in tow, we explored a new route (OK, I got us lost and discovered some tiny gravel-strewn lanes en route to Raglan) to the Steel Horse Cafe near Abergavenny.
    Now it has been lowered the big Tiger is even better: surefooted over gravel, still great in the twisties and greedy for ever more throttle. But now I can get both heels down (at the same time!) the substantial weight is really easy to handle: this outing was a grin-fest, start to finish.
    The return trip was via Usk: it began to rain so we took the dual carriageway back and outstripped the clouds. Debs reckons we took 15 mins to get back home, but that can’t be right  ;D

Looking forward to your 4 hour custom fighter event next weekend, Radar!
    8)

elessimo
    Participant

thumb_DSC_0298_1024_zpshzhkfeat.jpg
    Gabi casting a spell on the Yam

thumb_DSC_0301_1024_zpsxvtqd7lg.jpg
    Gabi’s MV

thumb_DSC_0303_1024_zpsgdewal3s.jpg
    Herald 125

thumb_DSC_0304_1024_zpsugryrhwb.jpg
    and Vespa….

thumb_DSC_0312_1024_zpsud322fdz.jpg
    TDM looking clean and mean

thumb_DSC_0309_1024_zpspm6nqs3v.jpg
    With the seat on it looks even better….          8)

elessimo
    Participant

Steel Horse Cafe, near Abergavenny:
    samsung%20phone%20435_zpsoho2zqqi.jpg

Along great country roads:
    samsung%20phone%20436_zps8fhfazw1.jpg

And inviting lanes….
    samsung%20phone%20427_zpsbydmcz2w.jpg
    P1120702_zpsiiomielf.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Nice :)

Radar

Your mate has a varied collection of bikes. Those Heralds are actually Chinese, but look ok.

Looks like you had a decent ride out too.

TDM looking good, my Thundercat would benefit from his touch!

elessimo
    Participant

Well, he’s in Hereford – not too far from Kiddy….. find him on the AllYearBiker website.

Gabi said that the Herald is a great little bike for around town, but he wouldn’t take it outside the city limits.

My Tiger will be going for a similar anti-corrosion treatment for its birthday, when the Yam is sold….    8)

Radar

Well, he’s in Hereford – not too far from Kiddy….. find him on the AllYearBiker website.

Gabi said that the Herald is a great little bike for around town, but he wouldn’t take it outside the city limits.

My Tiger will be going for a similar anti-corrosion treatment for its birthday, when the Yam is sold….    8)

I work near Hereford now, Bromyard

elessimo
    Participant

I work near Hereford now, Bromyard

Ha! No excuse for not joining us at the Worcestershire bike nights then!

See you at Pershore on Thursday 16th? Millers Arms?    8)

Radar

Ha! No excuse for not joining us at the Worcestershire bike nights then!

See you at Pershore on Thursday 16th? Millers Arms?    8)

I can’t this week, but I am hoping to make the majority of them this year

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Some gleaming bikes there Steve. What parts does the anti-corrosion treatment get applied to?

elessimo
    Participant

Some gleaming bikes there Steve. What parts does the anti-corrosion treatment get applied to?

Hey Dave, they cover the wheels and spray the under-carriage. Also have a patent cleaning liquid that goes on everywhere – the results are much better than my attempts with normal cleaning products…..  8)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.