Speedway

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Speedway

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Strange, but this sport seems totally disconnected from mainstream biking. Or am I talking rubbish?

Anonymous
    Inactive

2 wheeled vehicles competing against each other. Mud. Helmets. Sponsorship. Noise. Speed. Seems as connected a sport as I can think of or am I missing your point?

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

mattzappa
    Participant

Ah yes , went to many a race when I was a lad, pretty boring, round and round….,track circled a football pitch ( Berwick Rangers), now if only both were on at the same time. Great fun!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by freddy24

2 wheeled vehicles competing against each other. Mud. Helmets. Sponsorship. Noise. Speed. Seems as connected a sport as I can think of or am I missing your point?

Its just none of the bikers I know seem to be into Speedway: Moto GP, WSB, BSB, Trails etc etc, but not speedway and I thought it a bit odd. I used to go and watch the BRMB Brummies (as they were then!!) back in the 1970’s when i was a kid.

cookeye
    Participant

Speedway sidecars now thats cool racing.
    My sons and i went to watch once and have been back twice more when they came to our local stadium, if you ever get a chance to see this just put off anything else you had planed and go watch,it is exellent !
    normal speedway you can stick up,well you know[}:)]
    i think it is real mad they still aint got brakes but they do have 1000cc motors,most of them are r1 motors or vtr1000
    the guys we saw ran just under the speed of the solos.
    cookeye
    [;)]

https://groups.msn.com/cookeyespics go on have a look

Anonymous
    Inactive

Know what you mean cookeye. It’s one of my favourite spectator sports but it just doesn’t seem to come around my way that often. Too noisy and grubby for most people I think

chris snell
    Participant

got to agree with cookeye on the sidecars absolutely frantic raceing
    The only good thing i remember about speedway is the smell ahhhh

imperialdata
    Keymaster

It’s not the first time we’ve had members who love the smell of 2-stroke etc (myself included). I think there’s a gap in the market for bottled smells like that. As for sidecar speedway, I’ve never seen it live and always wanted to. Now it’s harder to see I regret not going when I had the chance before. Loony stuff!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.